Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Which 50's do you have?
  • Euro
    Free Member

I’m planning on treating myself to my first ever pair of DedicatedMTBshoes and was having a look at five tens. There’s a lot more choice than i had realised so my question is…which ones should i go for?

Open to suggestions to other makes also.

Thanks

Euro
    Free Member

qtip

Very happy with my Impact Vxis. Phenomenal grip, good fit for me, comfortable, good toe protection, reasonably water resistant, and don’t take too long to dry out. Can’t comment on durability as only had them a couple of months, but no signs of wear yet.

Previously had some Impact high-tops (Rennie edition). The extra ankle protection was nice, but not really necessary IMO, and they were much bulkier. Those lasted me 4 years (and are still perfectly useable).

I’ve not used Freeriders but they don’t look like they’d offer as much protection or last as long.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Might help if the title made any sense (it’s stylised 5.10, well actualy it’s 1.0 on it’s side, but not 50).

I’ve some freeriders, worn them as everyday trainers as well as for MTB’ing for a few years and they’re lasting as well or even better than the usual Vans/Etnies/Elements. Needed a stiffer insole (sports orthopedic ones from boots for about £28) for my taste but appart from that they’re great.

Not water resistant, but I ride bikes with SPD’s pretty much exclusively in winter so have northwave winter boots. The VXI’s are supposed to be better all round on the bike appart from walking grip.

Main drawback is even though the freerider sole is supposed to be non-marking they leave black footprints everywhere when wet, so only non marking compared to the regular impacts. Makes walking in and out the house with buckets of water to wash the bike a PITA.

transition1
    Free Member

O’Neal Stingers are great shoes with their Honeycomb soles offer great grip & a nice change from 5 10s

Rockplough
    Free Member

Get Shimano am41/am45 instead.

smatkins1
    Free Member

My five ten freerider’s are getting on for a year and a half old now and have seen best part of 10,000km of riding in all conditions all year around. There’s hardly a sign of wear on them, just very dirty.

The soles put them head and shoulders above over shoes and is worth paying the price for. It’s just a shame the tops are like big sponges!

redddraggon
    Free Member

Danny Macaskill Freeridrs.

I like them, never had any others so can’t really compare.

vincienup
    Free Member

I’ve been super happy with Teva’s, but as they don’t love mtb’ers any more, I’ve just bought a pair of freerider vxi’s in Rutland’s sale to try…

hot_fiat

Have had impact highs for about 5 years now. They’re very grippy indeed but pants in the wet. Even riding though a puddle will soak them through for a day. They also look as if perhaps they came on prescription.

I’ve also got a pair of freeriders (sadly not the vxi elements). These are just like riding in a pair of original airwalks, only even more grippy. They offer no weather protection at all.

With Teva pulling out of the MTB market I’ve seen a few pairs of links in TKMaxx. I picked a pair up for £25 just before Christmas. I’ve not had many rides with them on, but they do seem to be just as comfy and grippy as the impacts, with a slightly less sponge-like build.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Freeriders for woods and Dirtbags for the pub. Love em.

Euro
    Free Member

Cheers folks, narrowed it down either Freerider (elements) or Impact 2 Lows. Size wise i’m normally an 11 (45), is their sizing accurate?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Freeriders for flats. Soon to be replaced with Spesh 2FOs.

smatkins1
    Free Member

I found their sizing accurate. I’m usually somewhere between a 9 and a 10, my 5.10’s are size 9.5

seadog101

Teva Links on my feet for the flat pedal season. Surprisingly warm and dry for shoes not sold as specifically for cold and wet. Good and grippy, even for walking. They came with a spare pair of laces too! Stupidly long laces though.

honourablegeorge

seadog101 – Member
    Teva Links on my feet for the flat pedal season. Surprisingly warm and dry for shoes not sold as specifically for cold and wet. Good and grippy, even for walking. They came with a spare pair of laces too! Stupidly long laces though.

Teva did make fuss about them having a coating to repel water or somesuch. I have two pairs and love them, they’re discontinued now though.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Which 50's do you have?’ is closed to new replies.