Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Which 31.6 dropper post for less than £100
  • whereisthurso
    Free Member

I don’t want to spend loads on a reverb new or second hand as there seems to be a lot of warranty issues with them so what’s a good alternative? I’d like something with as much drop as possible that looks good, is robust and doesn’t have brightly coloured anodized parts.

My shortlist so far:

Sorata pro
    T-Mars
    TranzX

Does anyone have any experience of these?

Cheers

Northwind

I had a Tmars, it was absolutely shit- lasted 4 hours getting gradually stiffer then broke, got a refund. Got a used Gravity Dropper to replace it, which does not look good but actually works.

pickle
    Free Member

best one for about £30 is a standard post and just drop it yourself before any steep downy hilly bits 🙂 that’s my version. or don’t even bother dropping it manually and ride how i’ve always ridden for about 20 years.

😉

doubleu
    Free Member

Watching with interest….as I’ll be buying whatever comes out on top here!

frazchops
    Free Member

I have a Tranzx with ‘stealth’ style routing. Seems fairly well built and I have it hooked up to a gutted XT shifter. Specialized are using them on some of their 2016 bikes too.

I’m not sure how it’ll be after 4months of Winter but for the price I don’t really care!

muggomagic

I would search for a 2nd hand one. I found a reverb for £50 and all it needed was bleeding.

A 2nd hand reverb will probably be more reliable than a cheapo dropper.

whereisthurso
    Free Member

Frazchops where did you get your stealth transx one from?

fudge9202
    Free Member

They are currently around £90 from bikediscount.de

whereisthurso
    Free Member

The ones on bike discount aren’t the stealth ones as far as I can see but perhaps I’m missing them?

munrobiker
    Free Member

As above a secondhand reverb will be superior. I have had mine 3 years and had one problem when I broke it through stupidity. They are by far the !most reliable droppers.

Northwind

KS are more reliable IME and also more easily serviced and cheaper to get bits for. But less plentiful. You might find one under £100 but it’ll take some looking. The 150mm drop supernatural is still one of the best.

core

Is the TranzX mechanical or hydraulic?

chrishc777
    Free Member

Tranzx seems to be identical to a KS eten

smurfly13
    Free Member

Different answer but I have a sorata pro and its been faultless when set up.

Needed some more friendly grease inside and a slightly longer cable installed for me but those jobs were basic and it works like a treat!!

There is a couple of lengthy threads about this post on here with reviews and instructions on how to strip

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Which 31.6 dropper post for less than £100’ is closed to new replies.