Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • which 2nd hand full suss frame?
  • timdrayton
    Free Member

after some suggestions.

I am looking for a full suss frame with either 4 or 5" travel, must be slackish, (ie not an anthem) must have a small size that is roughly equivalent to a small (16") trance.

my budget is going to be about £850 for frame, forks and maybe some cranks, so i am looking at something second hand!

any suggestions other than the obvious trance?

I am 5,5 so smallness is important, my ideal would be an Ibis Mojo (any other shortarses ride one??), how much do these go for?

other than that an Orange 5, any other suggestions that i should be considering?

Tracey

Bought a small second hand Enduro for Katie off Ebay for £250 which included a new DHX5 Air shock. When we went to collect it the crown race was missing so the guy threw in bars, stem, seat, seat post, Hope clamp and cranks/bottom bracket.
    After stripping down her old bike and selling the parts not needed we made money on the switch which also included new Revelation Race forks
    The new frame was stripped and powder coated and has builtinto an awsome bike

Old bike

New build

Tracey

br
    Free Member

Sod s/h, buy this:

http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m1b7s1p2692

Sell off anything you don't need/want.

Hadge
    Free Member

A friend of mine is selling a Turner Flux but might not be slack enough for what ypu want.

Hallsy
    Free Member

I'd have thought a Trance would fit the bill? Any reason why you don't really want one?

That's what I was considering with similar thoughts to yours anyway,

Other than that, Stumpjumper or Enduro? Orange 5 is another I was considering, but a lot more expensive than a Trance.

timdrayton
    Free Member

hallsy, i had and it was good, just fancied giving something else a go

funkynick

Hadge… I'd definitely say a Flux would be too steep, being designed around 100mm forks and stuff. A fantastic bike, but different type of bike to a Mojo..

A 5 Spot on the other hand… but then I don't know anyone selling a small one… in fact, I am not sure I have ever seen a small one.

Mike
    Free Member

Nicolai Helius CC 8)

Mars2003
    Free Member

Actually Thinking of selling this.
    Trance Custom Build

It's the original version of the Trance frameset 16''

Forks are Rock Shox Revelations U-turns 100mm-130mm

timdrayton
    Free Member

Mars2003 drop us a mail to timdrayton@live.co.uk let me know a bit about its use mileage etc and any marks and how much you'd be after for it?

cheers

tim

james
    Free Member

If you're thinking of a very well prices new nikes (from pauls) the XT spec mongoose tocali for £1k looks far better than that £1k budget kona linked above

" I'd definitely say a Flux would be too steep, being designed around 100mm forks and stuff. A fantastic bike, but different type of bike to a Mojo..

A 5 Spot on the other hand… "

With the DW link bikes at least the flux is will be slacker than the 5spot with the same forks and/or bottomed out* by about 0.5degrees. Its bonkers, though I suppose thats what happens when you make a relatively slack (70deg) 100mm bike and a relatively steep (69deg) 140mm bike

*the fork bottomed out where the rear isn't obviously, though this seems to be where it matters more, ie in steep/front endo/over the front type situations

Mars2003
    Free Member

I'll drop you a mail with some thoughts on my Trance & Parts, I'm looking to get some cash together to help fund a new project, but it's just at planning stage 🙂

si-wilson
    Free Member

I might have a small Chumba xcl for around £650, as new too!

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Crikey, you go through some frames tim.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Something widely available like a 2nd hand Enduro would be a good choice.

I decided a few months back that I fancied a normal full-suss in the fleet but didn't want to spend too much cash on it. I ended up buying a cheap '04 S-Works enduro 2nd hand, as it had a knackered shock, and sticking a 2nd hand pro-pedal Vanilla on it. Also added a very cheap 2nd hand set of Pikes and a cheap 20mm front wheell with most of the rest coming from the spares bin. Even if I'd had to buy the rest of the bits 2nd hand it's still been way under £1K to build and it's fantastic fun:

stephf
    Free Member

Hi Tim, I have an intense 5.5 EVP for sale with fox RP23 rear shock. 2 years old, hardly ridden, 5.5 inches travel, perfect size for you. It is the ultimate trail bike! £550 posted. Send me an email if you are interested to stephfountainathotmaildotcom

Thanks

toys19
    Free Member

small bullit. Here is a well smart one, but unfortunately its not for sale. Frame and shock can be had for less than £300.Always on the bay.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘which 2nd hand full suss frame?’ is closed to new replies.