Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Which 29er xc/trail full suss frame ?
  • ticsmon

I’m after a full suss frame so I can swop all the bits over from my hardtail. Been looking at
    Transition bandit
    Spesh camber
    Salsa horsethief
    Niner rip
    All alloy (can’t afford carbon) anyone recommend any of these or anything else.
    Cheers

Bigmantrials

I was looking to build a Salsa Horsethief, however I have had to put that plan to bed for a while, Banshee bikes are bringing out a shorter travel trail bike later this year called the Phantom, its an awesome looking bike from the pictures I have seen, I might be leaning that way when it comes to the point where I can build a new bike!

z1ppy

Spoke to the Banshee designer at Core, wasn’t expecting to, so was a little unprepared to ask anything relevant other than when was it out (was initially due 2015)… the Phantom will be out in June apparently (110mm at the rear end, 120mm up front).

The Horsethief and Phantom are definitely in my sights (or T-129 or a bargain Ghost AMR2955… I dunno ahhhh!)

Bregante

Bikescene are doing the Orange Gyro in any color for £999

nuke

Been thinking of similar build myself…Those long chainstays put me off the older horsethief, newer DW version looks nice. Banshee frames tend to be a bit weighty. T129 is still my favoured option but no frame only 🙁

Alex

PYGA 29-Ten. Obviously because I have one. But it’s a great all round trail bike. Not the lightest tho but that’s because it’s properly stiff and well put together.

FLYGA.. by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

MaxWall
    Free Member

Bargain Horsethief to be had here…

http://www.billys.co.uk/english/group.php?prod=5SA-2013Horse3

all sizes available, wish i had some spare cash!!

ticsmon

PYGA is a bit out of my price range. Forgot about the whyte t129 great reviews. I’ll be looking out for a second hand frame

bol

I enjoyed my RIP 9, and they’re pretty reasonable used, but the Specialized Camber takes some beating for value.

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

Trek fuel ex 29er what I went for and didn’t even set out to buy a 29er but been an excellent bike so far for xc 😀

Lester
    Free Member

Carbon Rockstar from OnOne

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/CBTIROCKX5/titus-rockstar-sram-x5-carbon-mountainbike

great looking bike and great value

dickie
    Free Member

Try ebay – there’s a RIP9 & a T129 on there!

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    I can recommend the Bandit.
    Mines a 2012 with 130mm at the back.
    Bike of choice at the minute out of my pack.
    Cheers
    Steve

TomZesty
    Free Member

Camber frames (2013) are now £500 at bikescene. Really good all round trail bike, especially at that price! Not sure what sizes they have.

roverpig

Bikescene are doing the Orange Gyro in any color for £999

That’s a great price. Seems to work OK for these guys too.

https://vimeo.com/86543607

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Which 29er xc/trail full suss frame ?’ is closed to new replies.