Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Which 130mm travel frame?
  • IainFP
    Free Member

After some advice/opinion on full sus frames. I have 130mm revelations, wheels, brakes and groupset for a build. Question is which frame?
    Really, really fancy an Intense Spider 2 but boy is it a lot of cash!!
    Is the Intense worth it?
    What about a Cove Hustler?

Cheers for any help.

LMT
    Free Member

I went for an Orange P7, always gets great reviews and at the time was discounted so i got a bargain, but there is also On-One 456, that new Ragley frame?? Cotic Soul…..

IainFP
    Free Member

Already have an Orange Evo hardtail, am after a go at bounce both ends this time!

LMT
    Free Member

oops didn't see the full sus bits! sorry!!

Merlin sell the Commercial frames, thats my next purchase! will be taking everything off the Orange and transplanting it across!

ken_shields
    Free Member

Look for a secondhand Turner 5spot……awesome bike

Hadge
    Free Member

Had the new Intense in our shop being built up the other day, boy did it look sweet. The reviews on it are all very good and if it's better than my old 5.5 then I'd go for that one.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Pace 405
    Orange 5

IainFP
    Free Member

Thought about a Five, but the forks are not really practical i.e need another 10-20mm travel?

si-wilson
    Free Member

Chumba Vf2, much lovelyness 😉

PROLINE85
    Free Member

Get a Cove, here's a pic of mine (any excuse to post this!)

dickie
    Free Member

Ventana El Ciclon

doug_basqueMTB.com

Got a hustler and love it. Does anything and feels nice and burly. Running mine with pikes. Climbs well with the pikes wound down. Descends fantastically and is just great fun 🙂

Issues I've had. Chainsuck. It was really bad. I 'solved' the issue by dropping to 2 rings and a DRS. Now I've got a creaking bearing somewhere so will probably need to replace them, that's a year of riding most days though.

I_Ache
    Free Member

How about one of these.

chakaping
    Free Member

Giant Trance X?

Light, brilliant supple suspension and you'll get a whole bike for the price of a boutique frame.

Then you can recoup a lot of the cost selling the bits you don't want.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Which 130mm travel frame?’ is closed to new replies.