Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • where's the best place for a nice meal in Betws-Y-Coed?
  • terrahawk
    Free Member

needs to be child and maybe even dog friendly

yep. I want the moon on a stick.

zokes
    Free Member

Welsh Bistro. Best food I've eaten. Not sure about teh kids, and less sure about the dogs, but worth leaving them outside for…

tazzymtb

if you go just outside – about 3 mins there's a top cafe at conwy falls on the main road, great food, good views and a nice walk to the falls from the back of it. less busy than the stuff in the main street as well

kid friendly as well

http://www.conwyfalls.com/modules/standard/viewpage.asp?id=1

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

The chippy near the bridge:

Fish, chips, tea, mushy peas, bread and butter

Vortexracing

The chippy near the bridge:

Fish, chips, tea, mushy peas, bread and butter

2nd that and eat it near the falls in front of the small climbing/walking shop over the bridge

terrahawk
    Free Member

yeah, you're right about the chippy. Will pop in there at some point fo sho

thanks for all the responses guys. Appreciated.

monkey_boy
    Free Member

theres one big pub there (loads of seating outside) cant remember the name, nice enough but very busy

theres also the dragon hotel (chinese) at the top of the town (past the chippy UP the hill)

bentos
    Free Member

Definately the Welsh Bistro for quality. I have been in before while kids were eating with their folks, though not sure about dogs.

NorthernStar
    Free Member

Big Pub in the village is called the Stables. Nice for a drink outside but the food is decidedly average, sometimes a little dissapointing.

Go up the road twards Penmachno and the Conwy Falls cafe or maybe in the other direction towards Capel Curig and the Bryn Tyrch Inn. Otherwise it's Fish & Chips.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

http://www.tygwynhotel.co.uk/Menus.asp

Proper food. Reasonably priced.

I had:

Salmon Dim Sum
    Goose
    Vanilla ice cream.

I deliberately chose the vanilla just to see if they could serve the genuine article. You could see the senna pods in it.

Totally and completely and unreservedly recommended. 😉 😉 😉

mtbfix

I'll second the Conwy Falls cafe. Slightly bohemian but friendly to all comers and the food and coffee is good too. Very friendly cat resident in the restaurant.

cp

another vote for welsh bistro – very tasty!

EDIT – definitely wouldn't do the stables if you want reasonable food.

whytetrash

Mr Woppit…you sure you had senna pods in the vanilla?…no real reccomendation unless the Dim sum bungs you up 😉

yoda
    Free Member

Recommended

I'll second what Mr Woppit said.

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

http://www.tygwynhotel.co.uk/Menus.asp

I'd recommend against that, you only have to look at the menu vs the size of the place to work out that it isn't going to be that fresh. We had a very very average meal there for the price.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

I can't recommend the Dragon hotel – average Chinese food and don't stay overnight unless you want to wake up smelling of chow mein – I think the kitchen extractors are linked to those in the bathrooms

Ripperdipper

bryn tyrch – really good pub 5 mins up the road towards capel curig. child friendly, not sure about dogs

MrWoppit
    Free Member

whytetrash – Member

Mr Woppit…you sure you had senna pods in the vanilla?…

Urm… vanilla pods. 😳

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘where's the best place for a nice meal in Betws-Y-Coed?’ is closed to new replies.