Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • where's the best base for south-walean trail-centre
  • patriotpro
    Free Member

riding?

Pigface
    Free Member

You can get to both pretty easily from Cardiff and you have lots of choice of eats and places to stay.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Cheers piggy, coming from the north and wanted to indulge in a FOD ride too.

Any recommendations for mtber-friendly digs?

Pigface
    Free Member

I don’t sorry but the same applies for FOD it is not much further than either of the Welsh ones from Cardiff. I am sure you will find something with a bit of searching. If you are after lots of food after a ride then go to Cosmo down the Bay All you can eat Chinese and Curry for about £14 a pop.

Here is a little secret there are some amazing trails around Trellech 😀

nickjb
    Free Member

I’d be tempted to do FoD on the way, stay near afan then cwmcarn on the way back. Save a bit of driving.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Recommendations noted, cheers folks 😉

hambl90
    Free Member

Check out this place, never stayed there and it’s not mine but met the owners the other day and they seemed really nice people. Was told they have secure storage and bike wash facilities .

http://www.winchfawrlodge.com/

ronjeremy
    Free Member

What kind of digs are you after?

how many people, budget, etc, plenty of places down here but all depends what you are looking for…

patriotpro
    Free Member

Cheers hambl – will check it out.

Rj – four of us (blokes), cheap, bunkhouse-type digs…(for biking)

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Bryn Bettws at Afan, how many days you down for?

patriotpro
    Free Member

Fri-Sun, 2 nights rj…

b45her
    Free Member

i’d second bryn bettws, its right on top of the new bike park and 4x track a well as the wall and whites level, with the m4 only a few minutes away for access to brechfa or FOD, not particularly fussed about cwmcarn for trail riding, it’s a bit boring.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

my suggestion, (time dependant)

Friday ride FoD, then to Afan for food/beer
    Saturday ride Afan, Garw, more food/beer at Afan
    Sunday Cwm Carn…

(You can of course switch Cwm Carn and FoD)

Bryn Bettws is about £25pppn and there are plenty of places locally for food and drink

patriotpro
    Free Member

Cheers for that rj, really appreciate your help.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

No worries mate,
    I’m over the other side of the Blwch so local, plenty of good places for food/drink round here to

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘where's the best base for south-walean trail-centre’ is closed to new replies.