Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Wheres 'ok' to ride this weekend (snowless)?
  • hora
    Free Member

Where in the UK is it looking like its getting better? I don’t fancy a slog/trudge. Sadly its looking like the Peaks would be hiking-stuff.

SaxonRider

Down here in South Wales there is no snow. It’s bloody cold, mind, but there is no sign of the white stuff.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Nothing but muddy slogs down south.

grum
    Free Member

Farleton Knott didn’t look snowy when I drove past earlier. Great riding but not that extensive so maybe too far to travel from where you are (IIRC).

Conan257
    Free Member

Go riding in the Peaks then tell me if it’s clear enough to ride on Tuesday!

sircharles
    Free Member

I would suggest riding on main roads where it safe.

handybendyhendo
    Free Member

had an email from dalby saying no snow as of today……

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Not much snow here in south Northumberland, but cold enough for the (exposed moorland) ground to be frozen.

Esme
    Free Member

Hmmm . . . would I regret inviting Hora on the Shecycles ride near Manchester 🙄

Kryton57

North of North London is ok with dry roads although the “wet” patches are actually ice patches… 😯

bikebouy
    Free Member

Well the Downs down here are wet and claggy, QEP is fine but it’s probably a bit far for a few hours ride eh?

wwaswas

Sun’s shining in Hove 🙂

Downs will be drying out if we don’t have more rain before then.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Cold and no snow down here in Cornwall

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

IoW is dry on the downs, but bittttttterly cold.

hora
    Free Member

Dalby? Really??!

fathomer

I need to know the same, no more than 2 hours from Leicester that’s not Cannock!

jairaj

Down here in South Wales there is no snow. It’s bloody cold, mind, but there is no sign of the white stuff.

I was near the Black Mountains on the weekend and there was lots of the white stuff. Made riding a chore and the going was very slow. Low down everything looked fine but half way up the hill it was very different.

Also tried Cwm Carn the next day. A damp muddy track soon turned to ice the higher up you went. We bailed out early and took the road back down. Thinking most of the descent would be similar and didn’t fancy it. Might have been just a large patch but we weren’t up for finding out the hard way.

Then tried Forest of Dean the next day that was fine. A bit of ice on one climb but on whole the track was fine and a good laugh.

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Been a poor week so far, popped to cannock and apparently its over knee height in some parts so gave it a miss, then went to Aston hill which was just compact ice 🙁

alwillis

Anyone know about Gisburn conditions at the moment? Still snowmageddon up there?

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Forest Of Dean doesnt have much snow.Be clear in the woods just watch out for the Local locals 😉

hora
    Free Member

Alwillis it’ll be bad. Manchester by contrast is bone-bloody-dry ffs.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

the road!

hora
    Free Member

You dont have any roads!

wobbliscott
    Free Member

The midlands is looking like its clearing up nicely, looking at going out myself this weekend, though I’ll be avoiding muddy trails and going for firmer Stoney trails.

crispo
    Free Member

I’m heading up Longridge Fell tomorrow night. Can see it from my house and there doesn’t seem to be much snow, plus it’s still so cold out I’m hoping it could be nice and frozen still.

We will have to see what tomorrow night brings though!

Drac

Northumberland.

teed
    Free Member

was at dalby at the weekend, there was a light dusting in a few places but surprisingly dry

Candodavid
    Free Member

Mendips are rolling good, but nobody likes riding here so that’s fine by me 😆

rOcKeTdOg

just about to head out to recce friday’s group ride route, roads are fine but there has been quite a bit of drifting so could be interesting! (NWAlps)

hora
    Free Member

Starting to snow in Manchester area so even Phillips Park could be out.

ononeorange

Cold but muddy as usual in the Chilterns.

jam-bo

lovely in devon this morning.

geologist
    Free Member

How’s Nant yr Arian? Is it ridable , cheers

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

you haven’t been up Cwmcarn or Machen then

geologist
    Free Member

Is Afan clear?

rOcKeTdOg

this was the NWAlps about 2 hours ago

hora
    Free Member

Oh for **** sake.

So Dalby then.

buck53

Dalby is clear according to Ed Oxley on Twitter, latest update from Gisburn is that the roads up are passable, lower loop is pretty much clear and upper loop snowy in a few places but doable with care.

tops5
    Free Member

Anyone know how Macc Forest is fairing?

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

No snow to mention here on Dartmoor – just a light sprinkling overnight. Quite a lot of areas are pretty boggy but a hard frost overnight and an early start should see to that.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Wheres 'ok' to ride this weekend (snowless)?’ is closed to new replies.