• This topic has 21 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by grum.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Where's best for fast delivery these days?
  • grum
    Free Member

Yes I know, LBS – tried that. 🙂

Used to use CRC or Wiggle but my last couple of orders from them have taken a little while. Anywhere consistently quick for delivery at the mo?

wwaswas

what are you ordering – will depend on stock as much as anything.

grum
    Free Member

Mount adaptors

wwaswas

dot bike are always good – but check they have it in stock first – they publish a landline phone number.

grum
    Free Member

Ok will do, ta.

rickon
    Free Member

Merlin
    Tweeks cycles
    UKBikestore
    Evans

Pretty much everyone else is really slow – CRC seem to take ages, I’m sure they set the delivery status to ‘dispatched’ a day before posting; a lot of the recent orders have taken 3 or 4 days to arrive, but have been ‘dispatched’ the day after ordering – even though I’ve received other first class items the next day.

rickon
    Free Member

Grum: What adaptors do you need?

grum
    Free Member

Cheers rickon

Front Post to Post for 183mm rotor
    Rear IS to IS for 160mm rotor (I think)

Hadn’t thought of doing a wanted post on here actually.

Going down a rotor size as my Formula the Ones are unnecessarily powerful!

mrjmt
    Free Member

Superstar components have always sent my orders same day, and their mount adaptors are as cheap as they come.

(sorry if this thread now descends into sea animal based nonsense)

sefton
    Free Member

BIG FAT MERLIN (ALWAYS NEXT DAY FOR ME)

rickon
    Free Member

SSC – actually a good call. Next day by first class post, despatch service is excellent.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Placed my first order with Tweeks last week.It too 2 days before they even despatched.

CRC normally pretty reliable,but having some very quick deliveries from the likes of Koo bikes and Absolute cycles via ebay in the last month.

grum
    Free Member

Superstar is a good shout actually – normally very fast. I need it for a 183mm rotor though and they only have 180mm, is it going to matter?

alexpalacefan

Ordered a chain from Woolly Hat Shop this week, was here the next day. And the price was right 🙂

APF

mrjmt
    Free Member

Superstar is a good shout actually – normally very fast. I need it for a 183mm rotor though and they only have 180mm, is it going to matter?

If it does, just add 3mm of washers between the mount adaptor and the caliper.

wallop

Germany.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Always get great service from high on bikes and pbk. Don’t use wiggle or crc if I can help it now as prices and delivery not great.

MrGreedy

Of the big ones I’ve used in the last couple of months, the current order of preference is Merlin > Wiggle > Evans > CRC

bruneep

Should have a Hope H mount in garage if that’s any good, 183 post to post

Will post 1st class tomorrow email in profile

grum
    Free Member

Should have a Hope H mount in garage if that’s any good, 183 post to post

Will post 1st class tomorrow email in profile

Thanks very much for the offer bruneep but I’ve ordered one now.

Cheers

boxxer7
    Free Member

Used bike tart this week, next day and they gave me an hour window when it would arrive. Not bad for free delivery

grum
    Free Member

SSC stuff arrived this morning (with free haribo).

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Where's best for fast delivery these days?’ is closed to new replies.