Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Where would a toddler hide a freehub?
  • andyl
    Free Member

check the garage, she might be doing a sneaky stealth balance bike build using stolen parts.

gmac123
    Free Member

keen to here the answer to this, my garmin etrex has been missing for months now 😥

jimdubleyou

Friends toddler posted all her credit cards through the gaps in the floorboards.

However, you’ve got bigger issues if you can fit a free hub through the gaps in your floorboards…

teamslug
    Free Member

Shoes, it was always in my shoes. He thought it was great fun to hear me scream as another piece of lego embedded itself in the bottom of my foot. We once lost him after he crawled under the footrest of a reclining sofa and fell asleep right under the sofa. That was a frantic few minutes. 😯

bencooper
    Free Member

My daughter’s favourite threat for a while was “I’ll put Blu Tak in your shoes again.”

steve_b77
    Free Member

My youngest puts things under sofas and in one of the pull out toy boxes we have in their play room.

nedrapier

Actually, if it was our house, it would have been “tidied” away by the wife. By tidied, she means shoved somewhere out of sight that she’s since forgotten about because it wasn’t significant to her, despite the fact it might very well have been for her bike.

Ah, “Hidey Tidying”! My wife’s a dab hand at this as well.

“Has it been hidey-tidied?” Always use the passive voice to soften the accusatory tone.

honourablegeorge

In my experience, it’s either in the bin, or chucked over the fence. My lad didn’t like the place being untidy. We lost all our cutlery because every time he had a yoghurt, the spoon would go in the bin.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Make a game of it.

Google a picture of their favourite toy, get them to go and get it and give them a sweetie when they bring it to you.
    Do this a few times with different toys or common household objects and then try it with the hub.

nedrapier

I like it pp. Noted.

whitestone
    Free Member

I wouldn’t hold out much hope!

I grew up on a farm. When I was very young, like three or four, I took the weights off the weighing scales that my dad used for potatoes and buried them! The scales looked a bit like this:

Fifty years and more later they still haven’t been found 😯 Just how deep can a four year old dig?

Goldigger
    Free Member

Dropped in the fish tank?
    In her favorite bag with her favorite toys?

Sure your Mrs hasn’t moved it? Mines always moving my stuff and denies touching it.

chilled76
    Free Member

Still haven’t found it. I’ve even wasted a pair of nitrile gloves going through the bin. Totally at a loss!!!

funkmasterp

Down the back of the radiator? That’s where Funk Jt tends to hide stuff. Luckily I grew up with a much younger brother and sister and as soon as Mrs F got pregnant I invested in tall furniture. Anything I don’t want to lose goes high up 🙂

matt_outandabout

Sofa cusions off and shoved down the crack?

nixie

Our five year old still does this. She can list off a load of places she hid various bits but inevitably several go AWOL. Shoes and under furniture are her favourites. Our 17month old did hide the eldests favourite teddy in a pram and them pull the cover over it!

Op, you don’t have a Victorian style open fireplace do you? Plenty of scope to post into the void behind the insertt.

chilled76
    Free Member

Just found it. Yeeeaaaaaahhhhhhg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cupboard in the kitchen hidden amongst some crap that made it unapparant

jonnyboi

Lol! Result!

andy4d

I hope that ‘no pudding’ has commenced……

dirtyrider
    Free Member

in a shoe

nedrapier

Good news.

Sounds more like hidey tidying than a toddler cache.

Have you facilitated the blamestorming session yet?

Goldigger
    Free Member

Mistaken as a pepper/salt pot?

High or low cupboard?

My Mrs asked me a few weeks back where I had put one of the baby bottles, I hadn’t.
    I found it in the cupboard with all the crap that she had put away earlier in the day from cooking.

But I had obviously put it in there!

chilled76
    Free Member

No it was a low cupboard, definitely toddler tidying. Wife is actually pretty good as I have a bike related draw and anything she hidy tidies goes in there.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I have a bike related draw

I hope you win.

You could keep your prize in a drawer.

bigyinn
    Free Member

chilled76 – Member

Just found it. Yeeeaaaaaahhhhhhg!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you didn’t look properly then! (Thats what my OH always says to me!)

johnx2
    Free Member

I do like a happy ending.

I spend significant time looking for things which have been lost (by someone). They’re almost always in the first place I look, about the third or fourth time I look there.

chestrockwell

Washing basket, always the washing basket. Only to then be found in the washing machine.

belugabob
    Free Member

I can’t believe nobody suggested looking in the VCR…

#oldgit

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Where would a toddler hide a freehub?’ is closed to new replies.