Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Where with an hour of Huddersfield…
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

…to stay next weekend. I will be in Huddersfield on the Friday afternoon and thought I would have a wander around the area (by car) for the weekend. Recommendations for places to see and stay please.

Needs to be pretty scenery, have hotel/restaurant with good quality food.

Does not need to be anything bike friendly as I am still on crutches.

grum
    Free Member

Hebden Bridge obvs.

Although actually, Marsden is quite close and quite nice – and you’re not far off the top end of the Peak District there. I believe Huddersfield actually has some quite nice places to eat/drink too.

Bottom end of the Yorkshire Dales is just about within reach too. Devonshire Arms at Bolton Abbey if you want posh, or maybe the Angel at Hetton?

Harry_the_Spider

Skipton?

ElShalimo

Hudds is on the edge of the Dark Peak, has some fab pubs and a few nice restaurants. If you’re driving around it might be worth considering staying there

Other options are Skipton, York, Bakewell.

tomhoward

Harrogate.

Scapegoat

Pub meal at the Rose and Crown, Cop Hill. good dining and awesome views/decent beer. Higher quality dining at the Three Acres, Emley ( hard work getting a table though). Great Sunday dinner at the White Swan, Outlane. quirky place, but decent beer and great food.

Asian style eating out, not run of the mill curry house, New Kabana, Trinity Street. In fact we’re off there tonight.

Nice hotels ? Bagden Hall, Scissett ( bit of a wedding venue though)
    Old Golf House, Outlane, also a wedding venue, same with Pennine Manor, Scapegoat Hill, but you won’t beat the views.

Quirky pubs? The Sair, Linthwaite, the Hobbit, Norland, Dusty Miller, Longwood, Shoulder of Mutton, Lockwood, The Sportsman, Town Centre, Rat and Ratchet, Chapel Hill, Head of Steam town centre, The Grove, Springwood, the Star, Lockwood,The Nook, Holmfirth.

ElShalimo

Scapegoat – you missed Golcar Lily for great pub grub + The New Inn, Sowood
    😉

johndoh
    Free Member

The Gate – great hotels, great choice of food, decent bars, green space, it’s great.

Scapegoat

Yep, forgot the Lily….. Can see it from the kitchen window.
    New Inn used to be great….has it turned itself back round? Haven’t been there for about 20 years.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Are you looking for a nice driving route ?

I would say up to Ilkley, Bolton Abbey, Buckden, over to Hawes, Ribblehead, Settle, Malham.

Some nice drivers roads in there, and classic Dales views.

Stay either Devonshire Arms expensive and nice, Devonshire Fell not quite as expensive, pub at Kilnsey Cragg.

Could extend the drive up to follow the nice bit of TdF route over Buttertubs down to Reeth. Fountains Abbey have powered golf cart things you can borrow (or at least they used to) if you fancy getting about in a nice park.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Try and book a meal at Gimbals in Sowerby Bridge.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Where with an hour of Huddersfield…’ is closed to new replies.