Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Where to stay overnight near Swinley?
  • essexbiker
    Free Member

Off to Swinley soon with the wife for some riding and looking for recommendations on where to stay locally that is bike-friendly and has car parking. Looking online hasn’t come up with much.

benpinnick

Round our way there’s not a huge choice. Dial House in Crowthorne is the closest or Hilton Bracknell. Probably look for places in Bagshot too – thats close enough. No-where will be specifically bike friendly though.

I would probably recommend the Kingsley in Eversley if you want somewhere nicer.

gren
    Free Member

There’s a Premier Inn at Bagshot – with a Beefeater no less! 10 minute ride away from the SE corner of the Red loop.

If you want to go more upmarket, our village’s gastropub has chalets/rooms. It’s aimed at people who come hunting/shooting and caters for dogs so a bike isn’t much of a stretch….. 30 minute ride from Swinley.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member
    theotherjonv

There’s also a Premier Inn at Sandhurst which is also riding distance to the SW corner of Crowthorne Woods / Swinley

gazhurst
    Free Member

For those that arent aware, Premier Inn now have it as part of their policy that bikes are welcomed to be stored in rooms when you stay…

molgrips
    Free Member

The Bracknell Hilton is technically the best place as it’s practically across the road from the Lookout car park but it’s not cheap. Not as expensive as you might think though, there might be weekend deals. It’s bike friendly. In fact, friendly all round.

molgrips
    Free Member

Just checked – Hilton Bracknell £71/night for weekend after next.

piha
    Free Member

Surely it’s got to be Pennyhill Park – http://www.pennyhillpark.co.uk/EXCLUSIVE_HOTELS/the_hotel.aspx. You can ride from the door and you might bump into a few other sports people staying there. I’m sure they would do you a deal 😉

zippykona

We will be there on the 28th^^^^^. 🙂

flashpaul
    Free Member

@gazhurst

Thought you were having a laugh with the premier inn bike policy !

http://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/why/bike-friendly.html

Think I will be taking the bike with me quite a bit this year

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve never been to a chain hotel that complained about me taking my bike into the room. In the Bracknell Hilton (sounds like a euphemism for something horrible) I used to wheel my bike into the bar, lean it up against a wall and get a drink to take up to my room. No-one said anything.

Defender
    Free Member

I used to work for a company based in Bracknell and there weren’t many options of places to stay around there, Travelodge and Premier Inn not too far away, could try the the Coppid Beech just north of Bracknell, Ibseem to remember that the Christmas bashes there were quite good?

puddings
    Free Member

Premier are pretty good at providing a bucket and hot water as well – they understand that the outdoors isn’t always clean and dry!

essexbiker
    Free Member

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions – not exactly spoilt for choice in that neck of the woods though!

smatkins1
    Free Member

Last time I stayed at a Premier Inn with my bike the bloke at reception even carried the bike up to the room for me! Now that’s service!

I said that wouldn’t be necessary but he was ever so keen to be helpful. He even smiled and made light conversation as I could see he was taking regular blows to the calf from my DMR Vaults on the way up the stairs.

Gotama
    Free Member

Out of interest why are you staying overnight when coming from essex? Are you riding two days at swinley?

Sam

The Bracknell Hilton always appears as though it must be the world’s shittiest Hilton. Mind you I’ve never stayed there.

markoc1984

The Bracknell Hilton always appears as though it must be the world’s shittiest Hilton. Mind you I’ve never stayed there.

You should see the one in Dartford which my company puts us in frequently, it’s got a fantastic view of the Dartford crossing. We affectionately call it “Prisoner Cell Block H”

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Where to stay overnight near Swinley?’ is closed to new replies.