Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Where to stay near Coed-y-Brenin…
  • DrP

On a wednesday evening in early march? for one/two people?

Campsite, lodge, B+B – ideally on the cheap.

We stayed in some 8 berth lodges a few years back, but really only need overnight accomodation.

Cheers!

DrP

hambl90
    Free Member

Stayed at this one last year, short drive to coed y brenin would definatly stay again.
    http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=1131

qwerty
    Free Member
    mrwhyte
    Free Member

Try Cae Gwyn. Just a short cycle ride to Coed, plus good facilities. They also have a bunkhouse.

riklegge

+1 for Cae Gwyn, fab place run by lovely people.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Do not stay above the Chinese restaurant

mrwhyte
    Free Member

Plus you have the Rhiw Goch Inn not too far from Gwyn. Good food, huge portions and nice beer.

iolo
    Free Member
    Tracey

Have a look at the Torrent bunk barn and campsite. Took the camper their in October and had a look around the bunk barn. Well worth the money.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

+1 Cae Gwyn. just be warned if you pedal to and from the centre (spend the parking money on coffee and cake) it’s uphill all the way home. Only a mile or so, though.

Plus you have the Rhiw Goch Inn not too far from Gwyn. Good food, huge portions and nice beer.

and a discount for Gwyn guests 😉 Also has really nice friendly staff and a good relaxed mix of tourists and locals eating out.

singletrackmind

Cae Gwyn gets my vote. If you ask nicely , and they are around the owners might run you to the pub for tea, then the landlord drops you back.
    Its 5mins each way on the bike to C-Y-B

Mackem

http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/ty-seren.html

Really, really nice BandB, great breakfast.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

tea, then the landlord drops you back.

They offered to drop us off there without us asking and the pub mentioned something similar. But it’s Wales. The rule there is “Five and Drive”.

THIS IS A JOKE.

smurfly13
    Free Member

Another for Cae Gwyn.

We got a lift both way no issues and discount at the restaurant!

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Helmau Cottages is owned by friends of my missis. Superb, and only a couple of miles to Coedy.

Helmau Cottages

DrP

CHeers for the info..will liaise with my travelling partner RE the above suggestions..

DrP

xyeti
    Free Member

another for Cae Gwynn, Great Folk, very friendly, last time we stayed we left the car there to avoid parking charges, got back just before dark and were asked if we wanted to shower before heading off, which saved us stinking in the car for hours, we were blathered in mud too.

We had a snack in the Hub, i nearly had a gripper when they charged me nearly £15 for a coffee, mars bar, sarnie and a can of coke…….. Robbing bastards.

Rhiw Goch do a pretty good T Bone steak……….

stumpy01

On the cheap….

Llys Edowain hostel in Trawsfynydd. We’ve stayed there loads. It’s basic but comfortable and cheap.
    Kitchen with coin operated washing machine, tv and DVD player, drying room, hotel down the road with a bar and some interesting locals….
    Oh, and a secure cage for bike storage.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Where to stay near Coed-y-Brenin…’ is closed to new replies.