Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Where to stay in Leicester?
  • toonfan
    Free Member

Mrs t and me are heading down there to see kasabian in June next year in Victoria Park. Any premier inns or the like nearby?

faceplanter
    Free Member

er, Google it?

toonfan
    Free Member

Gee I never thought of that! Thought I might have got a bit of advice from some locals on here.

Frankers
    Free Member

Ladybirds on the Narborough Rd is a really nice place to stay

Frankers
    Free Member

Or being more sensible stay at the Travel lodge, its nearby Abbey Park and has plenty of rooms.

Walking distance

toonfan
    Free Member

Cheers frankers. Just had a Google of ladybirds! I’m sure the mrs would love it there.
    😳

PiknMix
    Free Member

I’m unfortunately a local, I can heartily recommend the Belmont house hotel on new walk. Literally a straight walk up to Victoria park and the price is very reasonable. Cracking little restaurant if that’s your thing too.

Do not be tempted by the hotel on the corner of university road, it’s the closest and probably the cheapest but it’s the sort of place that rents the rooms by the hour 😉

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

If you want to impress your missus with some views, Barnsdale Hall Hotel. Get up earlier in the morning and drive the 30 mins from there to Leicester – or get the train from Oakham.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Mmmmm a nice 30 min trip at the end of a gig, just what you need 😉

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I guess it just depends on how wrecked you’re getting. I’d avoid staying in Leicester at all costs…..personally. :mrgreen: 😛

Nothing…of….redeeming…value….whatsoever. Even Shottingham has it’s pluses, Leicester just makes me incalculably depressed.

rascal
    Free Member

Premier Inn right next to the train station – 10 min walk from the gig. Easy peasy.

wrightyson
    Free Member

We’re booked in the ibis. Cheap cheerful at 65 boo. Might even cancel it an just get the train in and out. You got your tickets yet?

toonfan
    Free Member

You got your tickets yet?

Aye, ordered them yesterday on a pre sale thingymajig.

Thanks for all the replies.

rascal
    Free Member

Got mine this morning!
    Looking forward to it already and it’s not til June – yonks since I’ve been to a big outdoors gig 😀

muddyfool

+1 for the Belmont. Easy walking distance from Victoria park, has car parking and is near the station. Nice little family-run place.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Think it’s seventh time for us. Nothing will match the Sheffield academy tho front row. Looking forward to this tho, saw them in the summer at Olympic park for free. They fortunately made up for the shocking venue and ridiculous 1hr queues for toilets/beers!

eskimonumber1

They fortunately made up for the shocking venue and ridiculous 1hr queues for toilets/beers!

+1 That place was a nightmare!

alanl
    Free Member

Coming in late on this, I’d thoroughly recommend the Regency on London rd, Leicester. 10 mins walk away from Victoria Park, going out of town.
    Old building, but ideal for the area.

swampi
    Free Member

Holiday Inn near the football ground isnt too far and has plenty of parking

toonfan
    Free Member

Cheers all settled on the premier inn. Lots of places already booked solid. Now I need to decide on wether to drive down or let the train take the strain.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Where to stay in Leicester?’ is closed to new replies.