Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • where to stay in Chamonix beginning of August, or too late?
  • Keva
    Free Member

a mate and myself are hoping to go to Chamonix for a bit of a hiking holiday in a few weeks time at the beginning of August. I’ve not been there before so have no idea what it’s like, I think my mate was there for a few days about seven years ago. Does anyone know of a good place to stay if we haven’t left it too late to book anywhere? we’re looking for a small self catering 2bed chalet or something similar at around £60-80 per night if that’s possible, hoping to go for about 10days.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

If hiking, and you do a circular route, you could stay at refuges (hostels) on the route? I’ve done that while doing GR55 in the 3 valleys region, sorry but can’t help for Chamonix though.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Chamonix has lots of accomodation and is rarely sold out as such. However the popular budget stuff does sell out early especially the climbers favourites. I would suggest you just call the Tourist Office re apartment rentals. Also quite a bit listed on Air B&B (just check locations for what you want, remember car parking can be tricky and isn’t free). We stayed last summer in the Park Hotel Suisse (very nice) which is more like £120 a night.

Have a good look at the map as Chamonix and the valley is quite spread out. If it is two lads I’d say you want to be in Chamonix itself as its the most lively.

Enjoy people watching the Japanese 😉

EDIT: if you have a car there is a carrefour on outskirts of the town or a more pricey supermarket in the centre, if you are super organised you could stock up at a bigger supermarket down the valley before Chamonix somewhere.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘where to stay in Chamonix beginning of August, or too late?’ is closed to new replies.