Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Where to stay Fort William?
  • LMT
    Free Member

Looking for somewhere to stay in Fort William for me and the OH, needs are lockable bike storage, being able to lock my tow bar rack away somewhere when not in use. Can be B&B or self catering no issue there. Don’t mind which side of Fort William it is, in the past stayed at Spean Bridge but looking online the place we stayed in a few years back haven’t made any adjustments to the accommodation its a bit dated and still no wifi in the lodges and an electric bill at the end of the week! also the same place will only do a full week Saturday to Saturday, due to work we can’t get there until Monday so would end up being charged for 2 additional nights we won’t be using.

Looking at a week in June or a week in September, walking distance to a good pub would be handy as well for lunch and a beer.

Last couple of years we have stayed at Craighuart House in peebles which is the sort of thing we are looking for just a fair bit more north, plan to ride Laggan and Nevis Red its been too long!!

Any recommendations?

dave661350

Have stayed at the Corran Bunkhouse several times, it’s brilliant. The nearest pub is a 30 yd walk to the ferry then a free 5 minute ferry crossing. Good pub, good beer and food…then a free ferry back.

7 miles south of Fort William.

Welcome

http://www.ardgour.biz/

wwpaddler
    Free Member

Calluna is a 5 min walk from the centre of town.

konabunny
    Free Member

You might be talking about Glencoe Cottages: http://www.glencoe-cottages.co.uk

It’s right next to the Clachaig Inn.

simonbea
    Free Member

Torcastle B&B. Stayed with wife there last year. Great place with amazing breakfasts. It’s on almost an island between river and canal with an Italian Job style tunnel to drive through under the canal. Hoping to get back there.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Stayed here a few yrs back, superb working farm. About 15 mins to Fort William. Lovely walks on their land and down by the river at the bottom of the fields. Wonderful having a bbq in such nice surroundings.

Home

Northwind

I like achnabobane farmhouse, it’s a between the fort and spean bridge, really close to nevis range, in the middle of the deer farm. It’s a proper old school B&B run by these lovely old stereotypes- retired army guy who as far as I can tell does **** all, 70 year old lady who clearly works non stop all day cleaning the house and chopping logs and killing deer with a cleaver. The accomodation’s a little basic feeling, it’s all pretty old and small, but it’s nice- charming rather than shagged out. And they have a sort of creepy shrine to Fabien Barel in the living room. There’s no secure bike storage, but you don’t need it frankly.

Also, they’re inexplicably secretive so you can often book there when everything else within a hundred miles is full.

Downside- I almost got my car irremovably stuck in their car park, it was like some sort of logic puzzle. “Well I got it into this gap so it must go out…” Luckily the 70 year old lady carried it out for me in one hand while gutting a pig with the other.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Next time you go check out the number plate on their car, then you’ll know what all the butchery and pig gutting is all about 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Where to stay Fort William?’ is closed to new replies.