Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Where to sell an no longer need platinum engagement ring?
  • walla24
    Free Member

Where would i get the best price for a ring I no longer need (long story-read my old posts).
    Custom made platinum band with alternate diamond/tanzanite stones, paid £1600 last year and have the receipt but not expecting anywhere near that obvisouly.

Cheers

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Mumsnet. What can possibly go wrong…

chilled76
    Free Member

Most local independent jewelers will buy jew4if it’s legit with receipts. That’d be my first point of call to get a ‘used’ price.

sparkyspice
    Free Member

Local independent jeweller – probably best to try the one who made it.
    You’ll get a grand if you catch them on a good day and £800 if not.
    “It’s got to sit in my window and I don’t like to hold too much stock. With it being custom made it won’t be to everyones taste” etc etc
    You could try “Cash for Gold”, but they simply melt stuff down and move it on. The stones don’t sound too big so they won’t even consider those.
    Settings take time and that’s where a lot of the money goes into making a custom ring.

LeeW

I found a Pt/diamond ring a couple of years ago, had it refurbished and sold it. You will probably not get a lot for it if you sell it scrap as they generally do not want the stones, scrap value for the band only.

Cash converters type places may be interested but again, you won’t get top dollar. no one really wants a second hand engagement ring.

Your best bet is to speak nice to a bespoke jeweller/retailer and ask if they will sell it on your behalf. It what I did and I got a good price minus commission and VAT. I used the cash towards my other half’s ring earlier in the year.

walla24
    Free Member

cheers all will look into it

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Didn’t think people still got engaged? You young uns I suppose it’s a Hipster thing? Back in the last century 1989 to be exact we just got married and spent £500 on a buffet.

rs
    Free Member

sounds like it didn’t work as intended, refund? 😀

tall_martin

Best offer i got for £1500 of platinum engagement ring was £300 odd from a jeweler.

You might have more luck on eBay.

yunki
    Free Member

I’m in the market for an engagement ring

I’ll give you half a curly wurly, two’s on this fag butt rollie and a lil bit of pocket fluff…

genuine offer

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Where to sell an no longer need platinum engagement ring?’ is closed to new replies.