• This topic has 16 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Yak.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Where to sell a plotter?
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Is there an office equipment track world.com where this sort of thing ends up?

Designjet 1050c with its stand and all the inks if any of you graphic designers want something to print canvases or posters on. Beyond that I know nothing about it other than it works as far as I know.

the-muffin-man

eBay – lots of this sort of stuff on there.

Don’t expect it to fetch much though.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I thought that first, but I don’t know much about it other than it worked. Reading descriptions they need network cards, hard drives etc so I’d rather someone just looked at it and picked it up.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

We are still using a 1050C – nothing special was needed to get it going although cartridges are becoming difficult to find. Stinkyink do re-manufactured ones at far less than new old stock HP ones.
    We actually had two but our printer man had to strip one for parts to keep the other one going.
    You might get £50 on ebay or try a printer fixer man and see if he wants it for spares.

binners

Hmmmmmmmm……

*wonders if having one of these suddenly appear in the dining room would be considered grounds for divorce*

mrblobby
    Free Member

TINAS, haven’t you just left an engineering firm? Are they by any chance now missing a plotter? 😉

twisty

You might get a better price on Amazon than eBay. This stuff doesn’t fetch much, if you can show that it is a good un (low number of prints etc) you might be able to sell direct to a locla firm or a firm that hires them out.

convert

Hmmmmmmmm……

*wonders if having one of these suddenly appear in the dining room would be considered grounds for divorce*

I moved house last week and on moving day an enormous A0 old school 1950s drawing board turned up in the dining room. It’s my new desk. I went with the concept that she was going to be stressed and stroppy on moving day anyway so I’d get the pain out of the way all in one go.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Haha, it’s being liberated from an office clearance I’m doing, I almost went in WEE pile!

Binners, drop me an e-mail if you want it, I can deliver it to Manchester. As far as I know it works perfectly, but it doesn’t work with Windows 10, hence it’s got to go.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I would have thought the best place for it would be the House of Commons, be right at home…..

Northwind

It’s the year 2016, we all have supercomputers in our pockets, but I still think plotters are incredibly cool. I’m almost tempted to buy this, and get it to draw circles all day while I watch.

joshvegas
    Free Member

You’ll be dissapointed northwond thats just a massive printer.

What you want is a pen plotter.

binners

TINAS – let me run this one up the flagpole with the committee this evening, see if they shoot it down with an anti-aircraft gun, then gleefully dance on its grave salute it, and I’ll give you a shout

Yak

If binners doesn’t want it I know an architect who might. Not me – no room here. I’ll check with him.

Pen plotters – ace bit of kit. When we were students we got wind of an office clearing one out. We rocked up with a bunch of flowers for the office manager and she let us walk out with a fully working pen plotter. Happy days 😀

Northwind

joshvegas – Member

You’ll be dissapointed northwond thats just a massive printer.

Life is so cruel

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Strap a fat laser diode on it and make yourself a DIY laser cutter.

Yak

TINAS – he’s just got a free one recently. Must be plenty of these around right now then with the switch to windows 10. I suppose you just have an old pc running windows 7 to drive it then?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Where to sell a plotter?’ is closed to new replies.