Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Where to sell 26 brand new iPhones?
  • mefty
    Free Member

These guys do B2B buying programmes.

clubber
    Free Member

LOL – thanks for all the interest but it really wasn’t a thinly disguised sales pitch – I want to sell all of them in one go which probably means selling to a company who deal in phones/electronics rather than private sales and they won’t be being sold off for bargin prices so I doubt you’d all be interested 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

they won’t be being sold off for bargin prices so I doubt you’d all be interested

Well, I am just about to order my bro one for £500 from the Apple store so if it is cheaper than that it is a bargain 😉

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Surely you buy all 26 yourself from work, then come back on here a while later and personally sell them one at a time with a small mark-up to cover your time and expenses (Read: contribution to the bike find). Everyones happy, no? 😉

Edit: I know a guy who did this with 3 credit cards, his garage and several pallets of imported mini-motos and pit bikes direct from China…. never paid any interest on the CC’s and came out a few grand up over 6 months…..

clubber
    Free Member

No warranty though on my ones so assuming we get at least the £355 each that I’ve seen at mobilephoneexchange, it’s not that great particularly as I reckon that they have a reasonably high rate of failure.

Bristol biker – that’d be unethical (seriously).

Jamie
    Free Member

@Clubber.

An Apple device has a 1 year warranty linked to its serial/imei number. So they will have a worldwide warranty.

Case in point, I bought my bro-in-law’s iPhone 3GS which failed. I took it to local Apple Store and once they checked it was still in warranty via the serial number they replaced it. This is despite me not being the original owner or having a receipt.

Now sell me one two 8)

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

i may have got this massively wrong, but if you sell them privately wouldn’t there be VAT issues as well?

clubber
    Free Member

Sorry, on the phone to some companies now. Won’t be selling them here.

Jamie
    Free Member

Phone tease.

clubber
    Free Member

LOL 😉

amaan
    Free Member

YGM

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

i’m due an upgrade to an iphone 4 as soon as I can be bothered to go to the shop. I’m not really that fussed about keeping it if anyone will be interested in it.

Jamie
    Free Member

i’m due an upgrade to an iphone 4 as soon as I can be bothered to go to the shop. I’m not really that fussed about keeping it if anyone will be interested in it.

Shoot me an email what you want for it.

GrahamS

😯 Weird!

You’re not interested in keeping a phone worth between £500 and £600??

Yeah I’ll take it if you’re just going to bin it. Wouldn’t want to see it going to waste.

(What are you upgrading from??)

mboy
    Free Member

Without even trying, you’ve got a horde of people queueing up to give you a load of money to buy one off you, probably allowing you to make a tidy profit for yourself at the same time?

You’re no Alan f**king Sugar now are you! 😕

Seriously, in these times of hardship I sometimes wonder where all the true innovators and all the entrepreneurs have gone… Personally I’d beg/steal/borrow the money to buy all 26 off your company at an agreed price, then sell them on privately, or on ebay, for a nice tidy profit each. Shouldn’t be difficult to make £50 per phone, whilst the customers still feel they’ve got a very reasonable deal.

With regards to the failure rate, it’s less than 2% so I understand. So keep 1, possibly 2 back to swap out to dissatisfied customers if you really felt the need…

igm

Clubber – that’s either the best troll or best tease I’ve seen in a long time on here. Either way I really hope you just made it up as a wind up (though you probably didn’t). Fantastic

Jamie
    Free Member

Weird!

You’re not interested in keeping a phone worth between £500 and £600??

Yeah I’ll take it if you’re just going to bin it. Wouldn’t want to see it going to waste.

(What are you upgrading from??)

Why weird? Back when I was on a contract, occasionally I would sell my free/minimal cost upgrade phone if I was happy with what I already had. Obviously with iPhones actually costing money as well as being on contract it is a bit different now, but I would not go as far to say it is weird.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

Weird? i’ve got an iphone 3 and a works phone. Both of them still work fine & tbh I don’t know what the 4 will do that the 3 cant.

donsimon
    Free Member

How much? I’m not interested, I just hate being left out.

GrahamS

Weird? i’ve got an iphone 3 and a works phone. Both of them still work fine & tbh I don’t know what the 4 will do that the 3 cant.

4 has a MUCH nicer screen. The best on the market IMO. It’s worth it for that reason alone. Wife’s 3GS looks horrible in comparison now. The 4 is literally double the resolution.

It also has a much better camera with 5 megapixel with flash and 720p HD video.

If you’ve currently got a 3G (rather than a 3GS) then the 4 will also offer you the new things that the 3G can’t support like (most importantly) multi-tasking.

It’s also considerably faster.

Oh and it has longer battery life.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Where to sell 26 brand new iPhones?’ is closed to new replies.