• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by mt.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Where to ride, where to ride (Yorks/Lancs border)
  • billysugger
    Free Member

Out tomorrow. Looking for somewhere fun and new to ride.

Might just end up having a second visit to Lee Quarry but I fancied somewhere I’d never been. Obviously you don’t know where I’ve been but..

Anybody have any ideas? If not I might just go off the back off Lee Quarry and try and make a long run from the bit of track over the moorland, down thru the quarry and on the bit of singletrack back to the main gate.

hp_source

Hebden? Should be fair good conditions at the moment…. this route takes in some reasonable stuff.

http://www.nationaltrail.co.uk/PennineBridleway/uploads/Hebden%20Bridge%20MTB%20Route7%20(2).pdf

ton

lee, cragg, hebbers, gisburn, saddleworth, copley woods, packhorse trail area, norland moor, cragg vale area, gorple stones area.

you must be stuck for choice.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

Not sure where you’re setting off from but how about sharney ford-Lymersgate-Watergrove res- back up rooley moor road and you could do a lap of cragg quarry -back down the link road into lee quarry , should give you a good twenty miler

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

hebbers

billysugger
    Free Member

Ha ton have you been following me?

Setting off from just off Norland moor in a van. I love Hebden but always end up roaming off and making the ride a bit disjointed. Was thinking I should just get back to Lee Quarry and get more familiar with it.

You know how it is when you only saw Lee Quarry for the first time a week ago then Gisburn the week after for the first time, I just want to go somewhere new every week now :mrgreen:

Some good route advice. Watched a vid of someone doing a 4 minute flat/descent into Lee Quarry that looked like fun with a few kickers along the way.

LapSteel
    Free Member

Go up Blackwood road, turn left up rakehead to cragg quarry. Do a few laps then back onto Rakehead/rooley moor road till you get to the Lee quarry link. Bomb down to Lee Quarry and mess about on the pump track. That should kill 2 – 3 hours

mt
    Free Member

Settle to Malham and back via Mastiles to Settle. It’s easy to follow with a map. Have fun.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Where to ride, where to ride (Yorks/Lancs border)’ is closed to new replies.