Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Where to ride off road for a kid starting out near Didsbury?
  • MoreCashThanDash

Apparently my godson – now 10 – has moved on to 26″ wheels from his BMX and is pestering his dad to take him somewhere to ride.

His dad is roadie, so knows nothing.

Any places near to Didsbury they could get to fairly easily – I’m down near Derby and don’t know that neck of the world, but I know a few of you on here do.

Thanks.

Mackem

There was a thread yesterday about easy rides near Manchester. Might find something …

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/easy-ride-with-nice-views-near-manchester

MoreCashThanDash

D’oh! I even read that thread earlier today as well. 😳

twistedpencil

A pootle along the Mersey, up near Chorlton there used to be a basic off road course, no idea if its still there. There’s a nice ford to splash through at Sale water park.

Clayton Vale out the back of the NCC is good for getting a taste of trail centre riding, and there’s a skills course which is fun.

Some cheeky, but short, riding to be had in Bruntwood and Abney Parks which are fun with the kids.

gkeeffe

Mersey really good, theres a couple of climbs at Fairy Lane near the electrical substation nr Chorlton Water Park and some good whoops at Priory Gardens nr Sale. Both good for ten year old

Bregante

As above. Loads of easy to find stuff around chorlton water park.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Clayton Vale out the back of the NCC is good for getting a taste of trail centre riding, and there’s a skills course which is fun.

this would be m choice but not that local to Manchester

If they want to ride Rivvy/natural stuff then I am happy to show them round and will bring my kids along – similar age- for a dads and lads ride.

twistedpencil

Clayton Vale is pretty local to Manchester, not Didsbury admittedly, but a short hop in the car or train 🙂

funkrodent

If they want to ride Rivvy/natural stuff then I am happy to show them round and will bring my kids along – similar age- for a dads and lads ride.

Not wanting to hijack the thread, but I’ve a 10yr old who is showing interest and would love to take him around Rivvy. Let’s get something organised for the lads and dads, Saturday afternoons work best for us!

+1 for Mersey around Chorlton waterpark, loads of fun bits. Also Clayton Vale and Phillips Park are well worth checking out

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Where to ride off road for a kid starting out near Didsbury?’ is closed to new replies.