Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Where to ride near Worcester
  • merlinshearer
    Free Member

Off to see the sister in law in a few weeks, but will be able to escape for a couple or four hours.

Anyone any idea where to ride within 30 min drive of Rushwick, looking for a 2 hour ish ride, ideally be back at the inlaws within 4 hours of setting off

Cheers Folks

mrmo
    Free Member

Malverns or Cotswolds, Malverns are closer

mboy
    Free Member

Malvern Hills is the obvious choice

Slightly further away is the Wyre Forest

Both you can get there, do a decent enough ride, and get back to Rushwick in about 4 hours give or take… Anywhere further away would be a push.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Aren’t you right on the doorstep to the Malverns there?

Stoner
    Free Member

Yep, from rushwick you’re no longer than 15 mins from north quarry car park, just up from http://www.backontrack-bikes.com/home.html

and can easily make 2hrs of fun out of it.

if you post nearer the time I or another local may even be around.

kayak23

Ribbesford trails just outside of Bewdley. Great fun, short push up.

cakefacesmallblock

Wyre Forest is well worth a look, but much of it doesn’t drain very well and is horribly muddy right now. Best to find a guide to to make the most.

elaineanne
    Free Member

dont forget to take your worcester sauce with you or is it worcestershire 😉 :mrgreen:

purser_mark
    Free Member

+1 For the Malverns, they rock. There’s also free chilled spring water on tap to fill your Camelbak, if youre on the right bridleway.

Get up early to beat the Red socks (not litteraly) and enjoy a cup of Bovril at the kiosk, if its still there! Happy days. 😀

jimster
    Free Member

Malvern’s your best bet, Wyre will require a local to show you round, Malvern’s not too bad to find good bits without a guide – pee off a local and just say your new in town. 😀

Stoner
    Free Member

ask portillo, elaine… 😉

Alex

There’s a fantastic route guide in this months *ahem* whatmtb. It features an extremely handsome rider who – for some reason on the day of the photos – wasn’t looking as handsome as normal 😉

ski
    Free Member

If its at the weekend, Malvern can get busy with walkers (still worth doing), if you want a quieter route, Bredon Hill is also worth a look too.

Malvern during the week is is hard to beat tbh. Check out the Nags Head too if you like a pint 😉

ski
    Free Member

kayak23 – Member

Ribbesford trails

Is that still open kayak23?

Last time I went, some local was getting very hot under the collar, going on about how they were trying/gonig to stop access for bikes?

budgierider67

AFAIK they are still open.

jimster
    Free Member

if you want a quieter route, Bredon Hill is also worth a look too.

Down side to Bredon is it’s the wrong side of Worcester AND it does get very claggy.

old_mtber
    Free Member

If you want a guide to the Wyre mail me. Bredon Hill also an option as are the Malverns although they do get very busy with walkers on a weekend. Wyre will give some top natural S/T and although currently a bit muddy in places still mostly rideable. Wyre is about 30 mins to the North of Worcester.

ski
    Free Member

Down side to Bredon is it’s the wrong side of Worcester AND it does get very claggy.

Thinking about it, that’s true, at least you don’t have to worry about mud at Malvern

Also for a quick two hour session, Malvern is a great place to loop.

Stoner
    Free Member

I invariably ride on the malverns during midweek nights or early evenings. In fact I shall be heading out at 5ish for an hour or so, before finishing at the pub.

Al – got a scan of that article anywhere? I need to compare handsomeness… 😉

merlinshearer
    Free Member

Cheers for the tips folks – looks like trip will be in early March and think I’ll give the Malverns a go!

Thanks for the link Stoner – will post again nearer the time

keyses2

I’m a Malvern local too if you want showing round 🙂

merlinshearer
    Free Member

@keyses2 cheers – really appreciate your offer!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Where to ride near Worcester’ is closed to new replies.