Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Where to ride – Littleover, Derby
  • robbo1234biking

We are moving up to the area in about 1 month. Anywhere I can ride from my door step? I know the peaks are just up the road etc but I also want some where to be able to ride straight from my door step ideally

munkster
    Free Member

I’ve been here 2 years now and still trying to work that one out for off road myself (apart from one circular route in a book from the early 90s by Banton, Spencer, Windsor that I have still yet to try) so will be interested in any replies too!

robbo1234biking

Munkster – whats the area like in general? We had a look round on Saturday and seems nice enough. Job re-location and we might move further into the peaks (only renting) but thought it seemed a decent place to start of.

jonjones262
    Free Member

There’s a bmx track just up the road from you, if that’s of any interest?

There’s drum hill just north of derby. Some good stuff there.

I used to live in littleover 🙂

munkster
    Free Member

Robbo just dug up this thread from last year – seems useful for both of us!

Area is fine, I’m not in Littleover per se but near enough, I tend to ride on the road from the door and get in the car to either go up into the Peak or do the Ticknall routes that were in the mag a couple of years ago if going off road…

robbo1234biking

Cheers Munkster – that thread has some useful bits in it. Still nothing right from the door step it seems. Still with the peak district on the door step I guess it cant be all bad!

Blackhound

Littleover not the best side. A bit more to North & East of city and also to South East, Ticknall / Robin Hood.

From the city it is not brilliant but Peaks or Cannock are close enough. Chatsworth / Bakewell area is OK. From where you will be even Church Stretton is almost as near as Edale!

Email me if you want more details.

ash258369
    Free Member

If you head north from Derby there’s the chevin/jacksons lane, shining cliff, Crich Chase, black rocks, riber. You can also keep going round bakewell/matlock/ashover if you want.

iain1775
    Free Member

I’m in Littleover drop me an email when you settle in and I can show you a couple of half decent local routes, nothing tech straight from door but there is plenty of variety and choice within a 40min drive
    North – peaks an hour away, Chevin and Drum Hill (rideable from door), ambergate, Crich, shining Cliff, Black Rocks (good 30 mile loops possible round there and only 35mins by car away) Wharnecliffe is an hour away etc
    South – Cannock, Ticknall (rideable from door) Kedleston-Ashbourne way has some bridleways from your door, Hicks Lodge, Cannock, few places down towards Leicestershire etc, some stuff out Rochester and Alton way is 30 mins drive
    Further afield llandegla and delamere is hour half to two hours, Shropshire – Eastridge, Stiperstones, the wrekin etc are about 2hours max
    Hell even Gisburn and lee quarry are only 2 hours thanks to Littleover being right next to A38 so direct access to M1 M42 and M6
    Littleover village itself is okay, one of the better parts of Derby, two decent enough pubs, a nice Chinese, 2 good Indians supermarket and selection of local shops Schools are good if you need them. all you need really, I very rarely head the other way to the city centre (which is a dump but close and convienient at times) close by is a Frankie and Bennys few more pubs/restaurants and a retail park with the usual shops/supermarkets

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Where to ride – Littleover, Derby’ is closed to new replies.