Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Where to ride bristol area
  • tommy19
    Free Member

Hi I’m looking for new places to ride. I live in the south glos area and about 5 minutes from the motor way so travelling isn’t a problem, I’ve done Aston court and Leigh woods a few times and am looking for somewhere new. I wondered where people from the Bristol travel to that isn’t to out of the way?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Wait for the Mendip to dry out. You might need some advice to get away from the same old bridle ways that everyone rides when they visit.

MrAgreeable

I’ve started sticking up a few route guides on our web site. If I wanted to explore further field than Ashton Court then I’d try this one. It starts at Ashton Court but with a bit of road hacking you can join up some nice “grey” trails up the road and then some natural stuff even further afield. Just be aware that the unsurfaced trails will be very muddy at the moment!

Bourton and Beyond

If you’re in South Glos then you might find it easier to get to the trails in Bath or North Nibley. I think there’s a North Nibley/Kingswood route in the trail guide on this site actually.

bristolbikeproject
    Free Member

Are we talking XC or challenging scetchy stuff?

FuzzyWuzzy

Mendips & Quantocks for natural stuff, Cwmcarn & FoD for trail centres. There is some good natural riding around Cwmcarn and FoD to but you need to know the area/have routes to follow. Some stuff between Bristol & Stroud that’s in the SW MTB route book but the few I’ve done involved a lot of tarmac

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Where to ride bristol area’ is closed to new replies.