Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Where to ride around Huddersfield
  • billysugger
    Free Member

Marsden man’ll know.

I’ve read a bit on this site about some good descents around Hudds but can no longer find them.

Are there any Hudds riders who could point me in the right direction?

I can ride uphill too, that’s not a problem

munrobiker
    Free Member

Holmfirth is excellent for trails. Do you use a GPS? I’ve got a gpx file somewhere.

billysugger
    Free Member

I don’t unfortunately.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scuttler

Have you got a map and can you read 6-figure grid references? (not facetious – just a question before I start digging out some numbers).

ton

contact shaggmeister or rupertpostlethwaite off here.
    tell em Ton say’s if they dont let you ride with them they are gonna get some fist pie………. 😀

seriously tho contact shaggmeister or blower.

billysugger
    Free Member

No and yes :mrgreen:

I know, I’m useless.

If someone could just give me a starting point to their favorite descent I’m happy to go and explore.

billysugger
    Free Member

Eyup ton, will do. Not going to swear at me though I hope :mrgreen:

Sure I’ve met one of them up Norland on an apple green Alpine 160?

riklegge

When are you in the area? I’m based in Marsden and there are a few riders here that would be happy to show you round.

billysugger
    Free Member

Sounds good riklegge, thanks, but it might be a rush job, maybe midday thurs for a few hours. Might not even get chance in which case it would probably be Sunday.

beefy

billysugger, I am in Holmfirth, thousands of excellent cheeky miles of stuff to ride, a bunch meet up on a Thursday night for a ride from the coop there.

But, I am always up for a ride, even got some days off in the week to do just that. Drop me a mail to r a dresser at g mail dot com.

riklegge

If you are around on Sunday then give us a shout. If you just want some route ideas for round here then some good options are to use the pennine bridleway to head north from Marsden, then back in on the old pack horse trail. Heading up the wessenden valley is pleasant and can link up to some bridleways around meltham. The most recent mbr magazine has a route suggestion for this area in their pull-out guides.

Stevelol
    Free Member

I’d love to be shown some more routes around Huddersfield (I’m local, tubbs) . I’ve been up/down wessenden a few times but that’s about it. How about a group ride at some point?

billysugger
    Free Member

Thanks guys. I’ll be in touch. Unless something comes up, which it often does with work being hard to turn away.

Group idea sounds like a good one.

I know there’s some good stuff over that way (I’m only in Halifax) but most of it seems easy to miss.

beefy

Deffo need a group ride over here, did one a few years back and it was a great success.

Saturdays suit people?

sc-xc

Deffo need a group ride over here, did one a few years back and it was a great success.

I think I came on that one. It was ace.

beefy

It’s 27% more ace round here now as well.

scuttler

You can find OS maps on bing.com/maps but it’s hard to direct link

Legit:
    Ramsden Road to reservoirs (GR123056)
    Magdalen Road and Harden Moss Road to Meltham (average – GR094084)
    Tinkers Monument to Hepworth (GR176071 zigzaggy white road + straight over main road at the bottom)
    Wessenden and Pack Horse tracks into Marsden

Cheeky but no one’s fussed:
    Slate Pits Wood @ Meltham
    Back Lane from Upperthong to Holmfirth (GR126087)
    All of Honley Wood
    Reynard Clough (GR138053)

No specific paths on the map but good for a razz:
    Stocks Wood / Fulstone Woods nr Stocksmoor
    Storthes Hall Woods (inc DH run)
    Neiley Woods @ Honley

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Where to ride around Huddersfield’ is closed to new replies.