Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Where to ride around Broadmoor
  • mattbilliard
    Free Member

I’m going to be working in Broadmoor for the next couple of years and will be staying down there a couple of nights a week. Is there any decent off road stuff around there?

Thanks

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

lots, swinley is only a few miles from there, loads to do in there, marked trails or otherwise.

shortcut

Crowthorne and Swinley are pretty close.

thepurist

Get in touch with the Tunnel Hill Trolls if you’re into piracy and hipflasks (or Berks on Bikes if you’re into beards and rules). Lots of riding to be had.

scuttler

Two nights a week in Broadmoor? This care in the community thing’s going a bit far now.

theotherjonv

Get in touch with the Tunnel Hill Trolls if you’re into piracy and hipflasks (or Berks on Bikes if you’re into beards and rules)

Made me LOL, and I can because I ride with both of them from time to time.

I even sometimes take my hipflask on a BOB ride, but don’t tell anyone……

Seriously – BOB ride a couple of nights a week from crowthorne/broadmoor and aren’t as beardy and rule based as popular opinion opines. And weekends too, but i guess that’s not so interesting.

Trolls ride most weeknights, often more than one ride as well to cater for the ‘fast’, ‘like to think they’re fast’ and ‘under no illusions / let’s get this over with and into the pub fast’ groups. But they have no firm meetpoint and will meet different places depending where they’re riding. Pro’s and cons to that, depends if you have a car / want to use it to go riding.

When do you start, drop me an email and can show you round some stuff one evening if fitting in with ride times isn’t immediately easy. A few others on here are based round there, I think johnclimber would confirm we’re mainly friendly, won’t tear your legs off and won’t leave you in the woods on your own.

ninfan
    Free Member

Ride straight into Swinley from the Broadmoor staff car park, couldn’t ask for better.

papamountain
    Free Member

lots, swinley is only a few miles hundred yards from there, loads to do in there, marked trails or otherwise.

mattbilliard
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies guys.

@ theotherjonv thanks for the info. I’ll take you up on your offer when I’m based down there a little more.

@ninfan, do you work at Broadmoor?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Where to ride around Broadmoor’ is closed to new replies.