Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Where To Live to Commute Near Carlisle
  • lank45
    Free Member

I'm being moved to work in Dalston, about 6 miles South of Carlisle for at least a year. I'm not familiar with the area but know there must be some brilliant riding in the North Lakes. Anyone any idea where would be nice to live within a one hour commute of Dalston, I can't bring myself to live in Carlisle!! Any info would be greatly appreciated!

matthew_h
    Free Member

Within one hour of Dalston gives you most of the Lake District to choose from and with the new bypass going in round Carlisle then you could probably look at southern Scotland too.

dr_death
    Free Member

Whatever you do DON'T live in Carlisle. North lakes would be nice….

andrewy33
    Free Member

If you are looking to buy, check out this website for places in Southwest Scotland.

http://www.dgspc.co.uk/quickresults.asp?id=1*&co=Annandale%20and%20Eskdale

matthew_h
    Free Member

Carlisle really isn't that bad at all.

MrNutt
    Free Member

in a boat?

fix
    Free Member

dalston itself is okay, for carlisle anyway. Caldbeck is pretty much halfway between Carlisle and Keswick and has some great riding on the doorstep, as well as a decent local boozer… or you could always move west (Wigton/ Cockermouth) and live with the mutants 😉

crazy-legs

Penrith way would get my vote. Nice enough town, fair bit of history, good mix of old and new plus it's right on the M6, A66 and the West Coast main line.
    It's about 25km to Dalston via some lovely quiet country lanes, a good commute on a road bike.

Really easy access to all the Western Lakes and also to the Howgills as well.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Where To Live to Commute Near Carlisle’ is closed to new replies.