Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Where to go in Europe for a weeks mtbing in October?
  • honeybadgerx

We’re looking to take a week off in October for a mtb hol, any suggestions/recommendations? The better half has currently got her mind set on Sardinia, though I’d like to look at a few options. We live near Edinburgh, so flights from Edinburgh, Glasgow or Newcastle would be handy, and we’ll be looking to take our own bikes.

Cheers in advance!

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Finale Ligure.

MSP

This took my fancy when I saw it a couple of months back.

http://www.epictv.com/media/podcast/trail-pirates-pillage-menorcas-classic-cam-de-cavalls-|-trail-ninja-ep-23/601983

Trekster

Thinking the same myself. Just been looking at flights to Slovenia but they are silly times and sillier price! Next year maybe.
    This may be ok, MrsT is a non biker but wants some sun;
    http://www.wheelersmountainbikeholidays.com/

Or maybe;
    http://www.themountainbikeadventure.com/

timmys

Received an email from Doug at Basque MTB earlier today about them putting on an extra Backcountry Pyrenees trip Oct 31st – Nov 7th. I’d do that x1000

Trekster

timmys – Member
    Received an email from Doug at Basque MTB earlier today about them putting on an extra Backcountry Pyrenees trip Oct 31st – Nov 7th. I’d do that x1000

POSTED 2 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST
    No holidays left 🙄
    Not fit enough either 😥

honeybadgerx

Does anyone know off hand which issues had articles on Finale Ligure?

Potdog
    Free Member

How about some sun and dusty trails here in Tenerife 😀

doug_basqueMTB.com

Thanks Timmys!
    Trekster, it´s true we have been sold out for a while now but we put on an extra week from the 31st October due to demand and there are spaces on that. Not 1000 spaces though 😉 The Backcountry Pyrenees is also no use at all for a non-biker.

lapierrelady

I think Bike Verbier are running up till October

davidisaacs
    Free Member

we at bikingandalucia.com, Sierra Nevada, andalucia, southern Spain, have probably the best weather in mainland Europe, we can take you on or after October 20, our swimming pool will still be in use! 🙂

Tips
    Free Member

I’ve been told that these guys are well worth using:

MTB holidays tours rentals Madeira island

I haven’t tried them yet but I will be trying them when I go to Madeira in November..

honeybadgerx

Doug, Dave and everyone else – thanks, but we’ve just reserved a room at the Lemon House in Sardinia. There’s next year for trying somewhere different though!

Will try and think on to report back once we’ve been!

andyrm
    Free Member

Was going to say Finale!

Insane trails, great weather, a nice beach, good town and great food. Oh and very cheap peroni!!!

Trekster

Tips – Member
    I’ve been told that these guys are well worth using:

MTB holidays tours rentals Madeira island

I haven’t tried them yet but I will be trying them when I go to Madeira in November..

Had a couple of days riding with them last month. Mixed group so easy trails but good to get out. Spesh Enduro bikes if you fancy an “Enduro” bike rather than xc

johni
    Free Member

I’m going with Switch-backs.com in October. Mike might have spaces left in October.

The van assisted climbing helps with poor fitness levels too! 🙂

Trekster

johni – Member
    I’m going with Switch-backs.com in October. Mike might have spaces left in October.

The van assisted climbing helps with poor fitness levels too!

Yeah, been there and although it’s an option MrsT is not a good traveller and the minibus transfer would leave her ill for the rest of the week 🙄

onandon
    Free Member

Recently back from a trip to lake Garda, Italy.
    Fantastic place and the weather in oct should still be late 20’s

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Where to go in Europe for a weeks mtbing in October?’ is closed to new replies.