Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • where to go for a ride???
  • fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

Got two weeks off in a few weeks time and iam having a staycation and have wrangled a few day passes so where should i go??, only got day passes so got to be there and back in a day(10/11 hours) iam based in Colchester in essex and have done thetford and Begbury to death so where??

mainly ride xcjey and amlite 😆

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Swap 3 day passes for a 48 hr one so you can get a bit further afeild?

nickc

Chilterns, North Downs, South Downs, Woburn, Cannock Chase, maybe even the Peaks. Welsh Borders maybe do-able, just…

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

might try that if so where bearing in mind that iam fat and a bit unfit’ish

retro83
    Free Member

Aston hill is pretty good for a day if you don’t mind going round a few times. I usually do the xc bit a couple of times then spend the afternoon messing about on the red dh run and some of the other bits. Not a bad journey from essex either.

trailmonkey

If you get a 48 hour pass do the Q’s and Dartmoor.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Surrey Hills is a lovely spot for a day’s riding.

Maybe hook up with one of the Nirvana rides or see if anyone here’s willing to guide you one day.

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

enlighten me more Captain on the Nirvana rides??

JonGW
    Free Member

Cwmcarn?

Rockape63
    Free Member

Its a bike shop in Westcott, which is right smack in the middle of the N Downs and surrey Hills…..you’ll find it on google!

Definately the place to ride, endless trails in every direction, great views…….just take a map and you’ll be fine!

richc
    Free Member

If you haven’t ridden in the North Downs, thats definitely worth a days riding. For multiple days riding, treat yourself and get your arse down to Dartmoor, especially if you haven’t ever been there, as it’s a stunning (if a bit brutal at times) place.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘where to go for a ride???’ is closed to new replies.