Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Where to get some steel wheels?
  • iamanobody
    Free Member

for my berlingo (2009)
    205/65/15s

want to get a spare set of wheels for winter tyres to go on

Klunk
    Free Member

fleabay

gonzy
    Free Member

or a local scrapyard

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Ebay would be the first port of call, but TBH when I was looking for my car it was going to be £50 for steel wheels, or £60 for new alloys (minilite replicas, nothing nasty), and there’s also the minefield of BCD’s, offsets, hub center diameters, rim widths, etc, so unless you get a set 2nd hand specific to your your car, then it might save some heartache just buying new alloys from a company who’ll machine the wheels to fit your car (they get them with blank centers).

stumpy01

mytyres do a steel wheel/winter tyre option. Not sure if you can buy the wheels on their own or only with tyres, but worth a look….

Here you go:

Steel Rims: http://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/skw.pl?dsco=110&sowigan=felgen&s_p=Steel-Rims

Steel rims with winter tyres: http://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/skw.pl?dsco=110&s_p=Steel_wheels

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’ve got some that I’ve not got round to flogging yet, think they’re 14″ but they fitted in place of the 15″ alloys on my Fiesta. The Pirelli winter tyres all still have some tread on too.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

I bought from my tyres as stumpy linked to, the tyres pre-fitted onto steel wheels. Would do so again.

trail_rat
    Free Member

cheap(and even OEM) alloys dont last imo.

ive had them corrode ive had bead seats go nasty and ive had some golf ones just go porous – the fix being to remove them and gloss paint the tire well.

Steel wheels have never given me any such issues and would be top choice for my winter tires – as well as being a bit more resilliant to the odd missed pot hole …..local facebook news page atm is littered with shattered alloys from folk hitting potholes caused by the floods…..

As for where – i bought a set of 4 berlingo wheels off ebay for 90 quid and sprayed them black ghetto style and had new rubber fitted.

kcal

I bought a pair of steel wheels (with tyres) from a neighbour that was changing cars. I’d go local / Gumtree or ask on Facebook pages.

Or chat up local garage.

tomd
    Free Member

I got a set of refurbished wheels for my T5 off an ebay seller for £100 delivered last year. Identical VW OEM wheels to what my van came with.

I think a lot of them come up for sale as folk take them off to fit alloys. The garage that does the alloys blasts and powder coats and sells on.

I had a look at local scrappies but they weren’t that cheap, I had to go and get them and they were tatty.

globalti
    Free Member

Just go to the local scrapyard, but be sure to agree that if the “takeoff” wheels turn out to be bent, you can bring them back. Reject any wheels that are covered in mud and grass from a big off-road excursion as they will be bent. Guess how I know this?

iamanobody
    Free Member

i know i need 15″ wheels do i NEED to have 205 width or can i go narrower?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Where to get some steel wheels?’ is closed to new replies.