Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Where to get reliable laptop chargers?
  • granny_ring

Think I need to get another one for our Acer Aspire. Did get an ebay liteon one for around a tenner a couple of months ago but doesn’t seem to be working consistantly and the seller has since disappeared off ebay.

Any links to others that work ok?

Ta

granny_ring

Anyone?

Stoner
    Free Member

which Acer Aspire granny?

Ive just had to retire 2x Acer Aspire Ones (netbooks) so have three chargers doing nothing.

2x are original, 19v, with separate transformer module, the third is an aftermarket 20v “travel” adaptor where the transformer is part of the plug housing.

Looks like 5mm o/d pin, centre positive.

Slogo
    Free Member

maplins

granny_ring

Hi Stoner it’s a 5738 model. Unfortunately thrown the original charger away. It does have a round pin, not sure on size original was 90 degree but the replacement one is in-line. Separate transformer, I’ve kept the original mains plug and lead.
    19v sounds about right so if you have got one going spare I could try that would be great.
    Let me know how much and paypal info cheers.

Stoner
    Free Member

the tip looks similar
    http://www.thelaptoppowersupplyshop.co.uk/laptops/acer-laptops/acer-aspire/acer-aspire-5000-series/acer-aspire-5738z/acer-aspire-5738z-oem-laptop-charger-56342

and Acer Aspire One tip spec seems the same at 5.5mm o/d 1.7mm i/d. So given the voltage is the same I dont see why it shouldnt work. At least Acer make life easier than samsung who seem to spec a different tip size for every model.

pm me your address and Ill throw one in the post to you.

granny_ring

YGM in a mo stoner cheers

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Where to get reliable laptop chargers?’ is closed to new replies.