Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Where to get a bike for the Mrs from – £200 budget!
  • leythervegas
    Free Member

She has been riding a rusty old death trap for a few local rides and now wants something a little lighter and less rusty to see if she enjoys a few longer routes. I have scoured the classifieds and eBay and posted on the wanted section but everything is either too old or too expensive. Is there anywhere to get something semi decent for her?

This is what we are going looking at on Sunday…..
    https://www.decathlon.co.uk/rockrider-340-mountain-bike-grey-blue-id_8321326.html

Anyone else tried one – are they ok or made of cheese?

lunge

That’s about as good as it gets if you’re buying new. I know someone with one and it’s pretty good actually.

leythervegas
    Free Member

Will definitely be interested in a 2nd hand bike. Was hoping for someones old 456 or Boardman basic spec maybe. Not as many about as I thought though.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I could sell you this for £200 + postage (if you can’t collect from Edinburgh)

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/gary-fisher-big-sur-alucarbon-hardtail

chakaping
    Free Member

Local FB groups?

How old is too old? Are your expectations realistic?

leythervegas
    Free Member

Yes expectations are realistic. Don’t expect anything that isn’t well used but was hoping it will be upgradeable as I have a few parts in the shed.

Will show her that Gary Fisher tonight when shes in from work. Got any more pictures please? Cheers

takisawa2

How tall is She ?

leythervegas
    Free Member

5ft 8 so a medium maybe a small frame. She prefers a short reach so she can sit upright but I can change the stem if need be.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Sorry, a mate just showed up with some cash!

leythervegas
    Free Member

No worries mate, cheers. It’s looking like Decathlon anyway, she likes the colour of the rockrider.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Where to get a bike for the Mrs from – £200 budget!’ is closed to new replies.