Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Where to get a 1mm headset spacer?
  • IA

Ok, due to playing a bit of mix-n-match with headset bits for various reasons, I need a 1mm 1 1/8th spacer to space out a bearing cover. I found a 2mm in my LBS, but ideally, it needs to be a 1mm.

The only ones I’ve found are the middleburn ones, but they come as part of the spacer pack, for £9. And I don’t want to pay £9 for a 1mm spacer!

Any ideas anyone? Does anyone other than middleburn make such a thing? Or it doesn’t have to be alu, I’m sure I’ve had various headsets with washers/rings/whatever that would do the job, can anyone point me at such a spare?

Offroading
    Free Member

phone middleburn and ask for it seperately – they did that for me with some bolts once.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

binned one yesterday

midlifecrashes

Would a 32mm plumbing washer/seal do the job? I guess the usefulness of the suggestion depends on you having plumbing bits sitting around.

Stoner
    Free Member

use a 2mm spacer. The topcap/stem can deal with it and once it’s fitted you’ll never know! 🙂

IA

The 2mm is what I have, and isn’t ideal. It’s to space out a bearing cap, not for the usual use. I need to create enough of a gap for it not to jam, but little enough I can fit an o-ring to seal it.

Hard to explain, but trust me it wants to be 1mm.

Don’t have much plumbing kit about.

Stoner
    Free Member

aha: boodging. Understood.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Where are you? In London? I’ve probbly got a 1mm one about somewhere.

IA

Yeah, it’s a bodgetastic game of headset-lego, though actually works pretty well.

In edinburgh I’m afraid.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Oh dear. Try a LBS? They often have odd spacers and bits lying around.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Where to get a 1mm headset spacer?’ is closed to new replies.