Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Where to find Genesis mech hangers
  • Brown
    Free Member

Anyone know where to mech hangers for Genesis frames? Specifically a Vapour CX bike. I’ve tried three dealers and the best they’ve come up with between them is one hanger that doesn’t fit.

Ta

Brown
    Free Member

Thought I’d resurrect this. I’ve now tried four dealers and the result is two that aren’t right!

I got bored and filed one down until it was the right shape, and then bent it again this morning. Probably as a result of my filing. Back around…

kinger

Am sure the hanger that fits my Vapour was code 99002H ?

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Any good LBS should be able to find a replacement if you take the remains of the old hanger in so it can be matched on a chart.

Unfortunately most bike manufacturers are very bad at documenting which hangers they use on which models and there are over a hundred different hangers available with no universal system of identification.

gazc
    Free Member

Edinburgh bikes are a genesis dealer and told me that they’re no longer available for my one year old latitude. also emailed genesis direct twice and got no reply. luckily only wanting one as a spare so not desperate but its a pretty poor show by genesis and one of their dealers. think i’ll end up getting a wheels manufacturing one if i can find the one that fits

ojom
    Free Member

Is it this one

If so, i am happy to supply.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I can supply also!

ojom
    Free Member

BOOM double tap Al-Mark Action.

Brown
    Free Member

Cheers guys. I’ve tried emailing Genesis for the second time, so fingers crossed.

EBC were one of the shops who got the wrong thing in. Clearly, they’re not sure what’s what!

I’ve been in to two shops with the old hanger. One I never heard from again, the second got the wrong one.

Kinger – thanks for the code. I’ll look in to that.
    TBC – It’s definitely similar. I’ll have a look when I get home and may well drop you a line. Cheers.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

I’ve got one of those in my ‘Little Bag Of Common Mech Hangers’ too.

ojom
    Free Member

One issue they may be having is that they are not sold as Genesis by Madison. They are in the Ridgeback section. They should be able to order regardless with that part code though.

Brown
    Free Member

Cheers. Do you have these in stock?

ojom
    Free Member

Not here no, but they would arrive with us tomorrow if ordered today.

cynic-al
    Free Member

TBF as Mark says they are listed in a confusing way for dealers and there is no guide as to which one fits which bike.

ojom
    Free Member

I do have a vapour here i could whip the mech hanger off for you if you are in a panic. You would have it tomorrow.

Brown
    Free Member

No need for that, but thanks for the offer!

It looks like the right one. I’ll give you a ring at lunchtime.

Cheers everyone.

ojom
    Free Member

In the time this has been active, they have gone out of stock!

PANTS!

Brown
    Free Member

Ha. Typical. Do they know when they’ll have some more in?

ojom
    Free Member

No date listed – i’ll call.

gazc
    Free Member

the latitude is not the one in the pic above. has two screw holes, and compatible with alptitude as well

cynic-al
    Free Member

I think I have one in but it’s my day off and it’s me that does mail orders, email me, I could post it out tomorrow.

ojom
    Free Member

gazc – do you need this one:

?

Brown
    Free Member

Cheers, Al. I’ll see what TBC says first as he’s gone to the trouble of phoning!

MrTall
    Free Member

I really think that decent bike manufacturers should start including a spare mech hanger with the sale of a full bike or new frame. The actual cost of them must be pretty minimal and it would be a nice touch.

Won’t happen of course but still……

ojom
    Free Member

Brown – no date yet but they can do

instead as a replacement. Trouble is, its is £21.99…. as opposed to £12.99 – code is WMD049

Brown
    Free Member

That doesn’t look like it’ll fit. Are they confident it will?

ojom
    Free Member

That is the substitute.
    Either way we can pinch one off a bike here for you.

jameso

I really think that decent bike manufacturers should start including a spare mech hanger with the sale of a full bike or new frame. The actual cost of them must be pretty minimal and it would be a nice touch.

Won’t happen of course but still……

Pinnacle have done that for years, I’m sure there’s others too.

Anyway – there was a pdf I made while at Madison with pics of all RB/Genesis hangers, the codes etc included. I expect it’s around somewhere – DS may be a good guy to ask (the northern shops will know who I mean)

gazc
    Free Member

thebikechain – Member
    gazc – do you need this one:

that looks like it – will check tonight to confirm cheers! 😀

paul4stones

My 2007 Vapour took one of these:

1 x 99002G, Ridgeback D/O insert Type 12 Gear Hanger

which I got from ‘Simpson Cycles’ last October.

HTH

cynic-al
    Free Member

The wheels ones (£22) are def better quality IMO/E.

manwomanman

Guys
    This should help – spoke with Albert at Genesis -v helpful.
    I had same problem with my 2013 CX Disc and my LBS sent the wrong one. You need the 99002N if its the disc versionn

It’s definitely a twin bolt style. Your LBS may have got muddled with the Vapour – they use a different (non disc) dropout on that that uses a single bolt hanger.

It’s the same as used on a Ridgeback Flight (disc) model – http://www.simpsoncycles.co.uk/product.php/3985/ridgeback_gear_hanger_drop_out_insert_type_13_flight (#99002N).

Hope this helps

Derek

Tomspriggs
    Free Member

Derek, you legend! You have totally fixed my wife’s bike! (That I bust!) Just ordered one, I couldn’t find it anywhere!. Thanks.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Where to find Genesis mech hangers’ is closed to new replies.