Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Where to eat in Devon – around kingsbridge…
  • scotia
    Free Member

or in the vicinity? quite happy to drive around..

anyone got any recommandations?

thanks!

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

The Dolphin in Newton Ferrers or the Ship in Noss Mayo are both great.

The Dartmoor Union (Holbeton) is also a bit special.

My inlaws have a gaff in Newton Ferrers so know the area quite well.

carlphillips
    Free Member

+1 for the ship, although its a little way out from k'bridge..

scotia
    Free Member

nice, thanks for that!

like the look of the Dartmoor union..

Any others?!

scotia
    Free Member

yeah like the look of that too, but as mentioned maybe a bit of a hike from the b&b..

we'll be staying near Hazelwood really, its a little b&b lost off the beaten track..

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Hmm – a bit North of Kingsbridge.

Try this place – had a great meal there a while back – pretty near to where you are staying:

http://www.eatoutdevon.com/devon-restaurant/details-restaurant.php?pv=1297

travellingman
    Free Member

The Church House Inn in Stokenham mate. Absolutely first class and not ridiculously expensive.

If you're prepared to drive a little further down a very narrow road, the Cricket Inn at Beesands is really good too. A little more pricey from memory 'though.

Cheers.

trailmonkey

Start Bay Inn at Slapton for the worlds best Fish and Chips ( no, seriously they're unbelievable )
    Or nip into Totnes and go to the White Hart at Dartington, possibly the most astounding restaraunt venue I've ever been to ( 15th C great hall )

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Sloop at Bantham if you like great beer and superb fish/seafood. Lovely spot!

scotia
    Free Member

fantastic, thanks alot!

i now have two nights and about six places i want to eat!!

cheers, the decision will be tough 🙂

CountZero

Wow, I was going to suggest the Cricket Inn at Beesands. Long time since I was down there, mind, but a lovely little village, with a great walk from Torcross through Beesands to Hallsands, where there's the remains of some of the original houses up on the cliffs after being destroyed in a storm early last century. You can carry on to Start Point lighthouse as well.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Where to eat in Devon – around kingsbridge…’ is closed to new replies.