Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Where to buy mp3 music?
  • oldtalent
    Free Member

Wifes new car doesn’t have a cd player, seems wasteful to keep buying cd’s when some of them wont allow ripping to pc.
    I just listen to whatevers on radio 2 so am of no help.
    Where can you buy mp3 albums these days? no itunes please.
    thanks.

scotroutes

Amazon?

mikey74
    Free Member

Yeah, I know it’s not fashionable, but Amazon is as good a place I’ve found.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Dad is that you?

DezB
    Free Member

some of them wont allow ripping to pc

Not come across any CDs like that.

Best download site is Bandcamp.com as most of the money goes to the artists.

seadog101

7digital my preferred vendor of electronically purchased music.

CD’s won’t rip? I’ve not come across any in the last few years that had some of that weird protection on them, seemed of fall out of favour as soon as it was apparent that people wanted to buy directly online. #IstillbuyCD’s

CountZero

Wifes new car doesn’t have a cd player, seems wasteful to keep buying cd’s when some of them wont allow ripping to pc.

How many do you know of that won’t allow ripping, then?
    I know of two.
    Both on Sony, back when Sony CD’s came with a rootkit virus installed as a freeby.
    That, quite rightly, bit them viciously in the ass.
    As far as I’m aware, it hasn’t happened since, and I’ve got hundreds of CDs ripped into iTunes, around 200Gb worth…

mikey74
    Free Member

Bandcamp is good, and usually the first place I look, but the selection is somewhat limited.

slowoldman

Funnily enough those rogue Sony CDs (which were not Red Book standard so should not even have been able to call themselves CDs) wouldn’t play on my CD player (a common issue) but I could rip them on my mac into iTunes and burn a new CD which did play on the CD player.

oldtalent
    Free Member

Yep it was some sony ones I tried to do this year. Not heard of bandcamp, its run of the mill chart stuff she wants.
    Just check amazon & it shows the last few cd’s i have bought as gifts and seems to allow them to play via the web & autorip, which I assume will allow me to download them. Is this a thing for all albums bought via amazon do you think? If so that would be a result.

jekkyl

buy?

DezB
    Free Member

the selection is somewhat limited.

Well, only if you’re looking for stuff played on the radio! It’s massive and extremely varied in reality.

ulysse
    Free Member

Soulseek 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Where to buy mp3 music?’ is closed to new replies.