• This topic has 9 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by gimpybike-spam.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • where to buy marin dropouts 2008 – 2011 no 21 nds and ds
  • callmetc
    Free Member

in need of some drop outs to fit my marin attack trail so I can use a standard quick release wheel.

marin dropout number 21, I need both drive side and non drive side.

would really like to use my crankbrothers wheels.

anyone got an idea where to get them from?

bike station uk show them in stock on the website but i have not had a reply to my query.

HansRey

do you mean one like this?
    http://store.marinbikes.com/collections/derailleur-hangers

They ship internationally, from the US.

Winstanleys have the mech hanger dropout @ http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/brand/14/Marin .

callmetc
    Free Member

sweet yeah those are the ones.

wouldn’t need them if my crankbrothers wheels was able to take a 12mm axle. but I happen to have the ones that you can’t change.

mint5auce
    Free Member

Callmetc, are the original 12mm x 135 drop outs in good order?
    If so do you want to sell them on?

Would be wise for me to have a spare hanger for my bike trip abroad later this year on the Wolfridge!

Send me an email if you’re keen.

🙂

callmetc
    Free Member

yeah the stock is 12mm x 135mm and in great condition off of a 2010 attack trail, I’ll keep in mind. I’d be willing to sell as soon as I have the 10mm qr ones in hand.

but if I fail in getting them I’ll have no choice but to keep and sell my beloved crankbrothers wheels.

I’ve found a place selling the drive side, so it’s now a case of ringing winstanleys and seeing if they actually have the non drive side in stock. too many places show in stock on the website but are not actually in stock.

first things first I guess would be to call bike station as they show to have both in stock, although no reply to my email.

mint5auce
    Free Member

OK, well good luck tracking them down.
    Is it worth trying ATB sales? I know they stopped being the Marin importer a few years ago but maybe they haven’t cleared old stock?
    I remember the first time I took the Marin abroad I called for a spare, but by the time a bike shop I’ll not name actually ordered it in from ATB, I’d already flown! (Told them to stuff it when I got back!)
    As said, if it ends up surpluses to requirements I’ll have it off you.

PJM1974
    Free Member

What about BETD?

Hanger 203?

Hicksy
    Free Member

Callmetc – I’ve got a pair of dropouts from a 2009 Mount Vision, which I’m fairly sure will fit. I sold the bike ages ago, so you’re welcome to them. Email me your address and I’ll pop them in the post.

callmetc
    Free Member

email sent @hicksy

let me know how much you want and I’ll paypal you some money.

Hicksy
    Free Member

The dropouts are on their way Sir. You can have them for nothing, glad they are of use to someone.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘where to buy marin dropouts 2008 – 2011 no 21 nds and ds’ is closed to new replies.