Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Where to buy Hope Evo V4 pads?
  • blaggers
    Free Member

I’m struggling to find Hope Evo V4 brake pads and need some spares for an Alps trip in two weeks time. Does any one know where to get them from, and why they aren’t available from CRC,etc.

Cheers.

big_scot_nanny

have you tried superstar?

blaggers
    Free Member

Yes, nothing stated as Evo V4 compatible.

Do they use the same pads as other Hope brakes?

DiscJockey
    Free Member

No, they’re completely new, so you need V4 pads.

It’s not like V2s that I think can take the older Mono pads.

V4s were only released this year so I guess it’ll take time for shops to stock the pads.

What are they like anyway ? I bought new V2s and rotors earlier this year and they’re damn nice. I don’t do downhill, so thought the V4s would be overkill for AM riding.

blaggers
    Free Member

DiscJ
    thanks for the info, seems poor to take so long to get stock out, pads are designed to wear out!

Havent used the Evo V4’s that much, but love the adjustability of the lever over the old M4s they replaced. I have a ‘cant be overbraked’ approach, so don’t mind carrying a few extra grams for powerful braking.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Sounds like you have to find a hope dealer and get Hope V4 pads.
    It take a while for “other” to get the pad and “copy” put a production run in and get to shops.
    Took a while for the other non shimano xt/xtr pads to hit the shops when they come out.

nigelb001
    Free Member

Have you contacted Hope directly, they have excellent customer support and I’m sure they will help you if you tell them you can’t source.

Glad I bought Tech Evo M4’s now.

blaggers
    Free Member

Hope were cr*p, just said order from a dealer.

Finally found 2 sets on SJS, after checking and failing to find any on CRC, Evans, Merlin, LeisureLakes and Wiggle.. Oh well got some spares on their way now.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Where to buy Hope Evo V4 pads?’ is closed to new replies.