Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Where to buy HollowTech II Pinch Bolts?
  • nedrapier

Being a ham-fisted oaf, who's also really keen to stop his BB creaking, I've rounded off one of the bolt heads.

Where can I gat new ones? Not had much luck searching the net, or crc, wiggle and merlin.

Cheers for any help.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Try mailing Househusband, he pointed me in the right direction only a couple of weeks ago

Dibbs
    Free Member

A M6 x 16mm cap head set screw is what you need.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

That's really impressive to round off a steel bolt but not thread the soft alu of the crank itself…

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Cheap allen keys is what does it.

All mine are cheap

Gordymac
    Free Member
    cynic-al
    Free Member

What dibbs said

Scienceofficer – Member

That's really impressive to round off a steel bolt but not thread the soft alu of the crank itself..

Threads are incredibly strong and it is difficult to strip them – even stripping an M5 with proper engagement in decent alu would take more torque than most of us could manage with a AK.

And the supplied bolts are crap, get std ones.

cp
    aldomac
    Free Member

Bulk SS from Ebay. Had same problem a couple of years back as the standard bolts are made from cheese! Can post you a couple if you want – email in profile.

nedrapier

Thanks Alan,

I'd just found some on Tibolts.co.uk and I thought I'd get some bolts for my Thomson stem while I was at it, so you've saved me about £20!

Cheers,

Ed

njee20
    Free Member

Some bolts have heads which are too big to work as HT2 pinch bolts, there was a lot of talk about it on WW. I'd either go with a first hand recommendation, or just get the OEM ones.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

The OEM ones aren't really long enough IMO. 20mm is more like it.

Taylorplayer
    Free Member

Charlie, where did you get them from? I'm in need of a couple.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Where to buy HollowTech II Pinch Bolts?’ is closed to new replies.