Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Where to buy a used car?
  • ditch_jockey
    Free Member

I'm in the hunt for either a used Nissan X Trail or a Honda CRV – probably a 02-04 plate. I've had a look on Ebay and Autotrader, but it would be handy to know if there were any other places worth a look.

Any other suggestions for a car with good ground clearance for heading up and down muddy/slushy forest roads fully loaded would be welcome.

Paulio
    Free Member

No suggestion for a car but try Piston Heads classifieds. I just bought my new old Alfa from there.

molgrips
    Free Member

For buying a car, you might try a used car dealer.

As for semi-off-road cars, a mate of mine did tons of research on this and decided upon a Subaru Forester – only available in petrol used but he has LPGed it. He is a forester, and so are all his mates, and they all drive Foresters since they have forest roads to do but also lots of road.

Edric64
    Free Member

Car Auctions

john_drummer
    Free Member

try the manufacturer's UK website – look for "Approved Used"

Honda
    Toyota
    Landrover
    Mitsubishi
    Nissan
    Subaru

project
    Free Member

Most town and cities have a place called a Car Garage, or Dealership, there you will see lots of cars,with various prices on the windscreens,not to be confused with a supermarket car park as these cars are not for sale, anmnd usually are full of food bags.

On entering the Garage you may well be approached by a strange man, usually slightly over weight or young with spiky hair, all will be wearing a anorak,sometimes branded with some trade name.

after a few minutes talking to one of these salesmen, you will feel like youve known them for a long time or just to long, they wil smile a lot, and if youre unlucky will use the term Mate a lot.

Beware they are soley employed to part you from your money and some dont care how they get it off you,while some could win Mastermind if their was an untruths catagory.

Also beware if as you ask for more and more freebies, he sugests that he goes and chats to his imaginery manager, called a Dealer Principle, for some strange reason, this person is never seen,bit like the loch ness monster some people believe he exists.

Always ask for road tax, and a full service,a discount and possibly delivery,i do and get it, or walk away.

molgrips
    Free Member

If you go to Sinclair VW in Cardiff, try and talk to the old geezer who normally does the loan dealings. He's really nice. Try and avoid Leighton who doesn't know much about his cars and thinks he can persuade you to part with ten large after a few minutes looking at a car, a quick drive and a bit of pressure.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Where to buy a used car?’ is closed to new replies.