Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • where to bivvy in the south east??
  • fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

me and my brother are thinking/planning to go bivvying/lightweight camping with or without bikes, me bivvying him with his lightweight 1 man tent and whilst brain storming at a family bbq today we couldn’t come up with anywhere to go that we could both agree on so where do you all think we should go??, we both live in and around Colchester in Essex but do want it to be a little wild so where??

Ambrose

South Downs Way?
    Orford Ness?
    Thetford Forest?
    North Norfolk Coast?

Hampstead Heath will offer loads of thrills…

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

WOW overwhelmed with the response come on try a little bit harder someone must have a good spot there willing to share(grid ref etc)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Do the SDW over 2 days?

Grid refs are fairly poinless, they would give you a 100m square to look in, when i reality you’d be better diding 50 miles of the SDW, then lookig for the nearest bit of wood/wall.

I’d be supprise if nealry every 100m square didnt have some sort of bivy potential!

alpin
    Free Member

your back garden….

woods round brentwood (thorndon/warley) or billericay. not ever so wild, mind…

Jimbo
    Free Member

If you want “little wild” then the South East and Essex aren’t the place to be looking! You’re never more than a mile or two from a main road/Tescos/£5 hand car wash…

Vader
    Free Member

there are some excellent sites on the goldhanger side of the blackwater estuary that we used to use regularly when i lived down that way. Riding along the sea wall path is pretty nice too, plus usually enough driftwood lying about for a wee fire or bbq. Winter or summer an ace spot for clandestine ops..

Ambrose

Fatsimon- with a retort like that you are not going to get a huge amount of help. You come over as a nasty person. So there!

ampthill

Ridgeway, Wiltshire Downs

I reckon you can be further from civilisation than in the lake district

IanMunro
    Free Member

Which ever hedge is nearest after the end of the days ride.

kona_uk
    Free Member

Sorry for the hijack….but two of us are thinking of having a go at bivvying…

Is it ok to bivvy in Forestry commission land if we are quiet and discreet ? or not a good idea….

IanMunro
    Free Member

I’ve no idea what the FC official policy is but I doubt the local tramp asks for permission 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘where to bivvy in the south east??’ is closed to new replies.