• This topic has 14 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by dazh.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Where the is this ?
  • excitable1
    Free Member

It’s been driving me up the bloody wall.

I know the Lakes and it’s trails very well but for the life of me I can’t work where this is taken from. I know it’s Ambleside but at best I’m guessing the water in the distance is either Grasmere or Rydal but I can’t figure out the features to work our what they on top of

Anyone ?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Wansfell – the far lake is Esthwaite I think

AlexSimon

Looks like Windermere lake from Nab Scar or Heron Pike to me.
    That’s Loughrigg Fell between the riders and lake

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Scratch that – it’s on Low pike – scandale fell, I’ll bet my errr, loose change on it

excitable1
    Free Member

You sound pretty sure but I can’t line that view with the valley, tree covered side and water with anything from Low Fell.

excitable1
    Free Member

10 Points to AlexSimon !

Definitely Nab Scar/Herons Pike looking over Loughrigg & Windermere, just managed to recreate it on Google Earth.

Thank **** for that, might do some work now…thestabiliser, how much loose change do you have ? 😀

AlexSimon

😆

thestabiliser
    Free Member

86p

#frommycolddeadhand

was getting closer……….

whitestone
    Free Member

It’s take from Nab Scar http://streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=335925&Y=506885&A=Y&Z=120 (Heron Pike would have a foreground of the intervening ridge)

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Ha! Screw you guys!

86p for pappa, ohhhh yeah!

AlexSimon

erm – I said Nab Scar 😉

You can drop it in the hat of a busker of your choosing

whitestone
    Free Member

Sorry, what I meant was that of your two potential sites it couldn’t have been Heron Pike. Look at some of the later shots on this page http://www.wainwrightroutes.co.uk/heronpike_r1.htm

AlexSimon

I didn’t say the summit 😉 (cough trying to wriggle out of it).

I’ve never been up any of these – I was just using the original image and an OS map and looking in line with the top of Windermere (I had prior knowledge that they’d ridden from Ambleside, so guessed it was Windermere). Don’t actually recognise any of it!

whitestone
    Free Member

I’ve a slight advantage – I’m from the area and done a lot of fell walking there so a lot of views are imprinted on my mind 😛

dazh

Looks like a classic Lake District mountain ‘biking’ scene, everyone carrying their bikes instead of riding them. 😕

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Where the is this ?’ is closed to new replies.