Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Where should I go for a ride? And does anyone want to join me?
  • psychle
    Free Member

Just picked up my new Enduro SL, now I want to take it for a ride 🙂 I live in London and would normally head down to Leith Hill and the surrounds via train, but as I’ve got access to a van for the next few days, I thought maybe I could venture a bit further afield, say within 2 hours drive or so? Any suggestions? Can’t stay overnight, so looking for day trip options for Wednesday/Thursday/Friday. Would be happy for any company if anyone is London based and wants to throw their bike in the van as well!

Also, I’m looking to go somewhere overnight this weekend with my better half, I’m going to organise a demo bike for her to try out, hopefully get her hooked on bikes as well (could be dangerous!). Any thoughts on a good place to take her to get a good introduction? One of the trail centres perhaps? Or is there any good B&B accommodation in the Leith Hill area? Something nice and cosy?

Cheers chaps, rock on!

rOcKeTdOg

new year swinley ride?

psychle
    Free Member

yep, just saw that 🙂 9:45 tomorrow morning right? should be about an hour and a half drive maybe from Islington (North London) do you think?

atlaz
    Free Member

Leave home by 8 and you should have plenty of time to get there, fettle and get cold before everyone else turns up.

psychle
    Free Member

what’s a good landmark to plug into my GPS to get me to the visitors centre?

cheers

cinnamon_girl

Do you want a grid reference?

Or “The Look Out” aka Discovery Centre, opposite Coral Reef pool and Esporta Royal Berkshire Racquets Club.

atlaz
    Free Member

Coral reef postcode is RG12 7JQ. As CG says, you want to be on the other side of the road though in the Lookout carpark.

cinnamon_girl

How about the Chilterns for a weekend of riding? Don’t know what the current conditions are but there are folk on here that have local knowledge.

There are some fantastic trails there, great scenery, lots of variety, pretty villages, red kites in abundance and, if you’re unlucky, miserable bl***y walkers.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Ooh! Another London-based rider?

I live on the edge (of Newham), and sometimes go over to Swinley, Surrey Hills, etc. Wouldn’t mind hooking up with other riders. A mate and I drive there now and then, but be warned, it will take longer than an hour and a half to get to Swinley. More like 2. And I’d suggest getting onto the A12 Blackwall Tunnel, A2 then onto the M25, unless you want to be stuck in South London traffic. Then, M3, come off onto the A322(junct.3?), then left onto the B3430, and you can’t miss it.

Can’t make it tomorrow, but hope to be over that way soon. Was there talk of a ride in a couple of weeks time?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Cinnamon Girl; walkers are miserable, because they haven’t got a bike. Pity them , for they need our sympathy, not hate.

cinnamon_girl

Rudeboy – yep! A chilled-out ride on 10th January led by Aleigh and myself. Will be starting another thread about it.

psychle
    Free Member

cool. I’ve found the Discovery Centre on the map, cheers 🙂

Sounds like a nice ride, I’ll see you all there at 0945. I’ll be the chap in the carpark with a ridiculously big 1car1 van…

see ya’ll tomorrow 🙂

cinnamon_girl

psychle – OK!

psychle
    Free Member

Hi Rudeboy, thanks for the heads up on the directions! I was thinking I might had for the M4 (get their via Euston Rd & Hammersmith) and then just use the motorways to get there! Should be the fastes route (if not the most direct?)

psychle
    Free Member

Is a 6″ travel bike a little silly to be bringing along?

cinnamon_girl

Swinley is flat! We can show you the jump gulley 🙂

atlaz
    Free Member

If I were you from Islington I’d do as you’re suggesting… Islington -> central -> Hammersmith -> M4.

psychle
    Free Member

cool… I’ll bring my on-one instead (though I’m not happy with it’s setup, maybe you guys can help me dial it in!).

cheers

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Yeah, I suppose Westway, then down through Shepherd’s Bush/Chiswick/M4 would be good, too. Although my mate hates that route, as it always seems very busy (tomorrow is NYE; loads flying out from Heathrow).

6″ travel bike? In Swinley? Bit overkill!

psychle
    Free Member

yah, thought 6″ would be a bit silly! itching to take this new bike for a long ride though, maybe I’l head to Wales this weekend! Might be a bit tough for my partner though?

RudeBoy, hopefully us London folk can hook up for a ride at some point, what do you reckon?

off to bed now, gotto leave early in the morrow now 😉

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Yeah, definitely. I know at least one near me, and there’s a few more off here, that reside in the Smoke.

Was thinking of a NYD jaunt up to Epping. Hopefully it’ll be frozen, and not so muddy, but it will probably be muddy.

Take your new bike! Swinley is all about having fun, whatever bike you’re on.

Sleep tight!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Where should I go for a ride? And does anyone want to join me?’ is closed to new replies.