Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Where should C_G move?
  • cinnamon_girl

Looks as though the South West has been ruled out … or I’m not wanted there. 🙄

Where can I buy a cheap house with a garage, not in a town and no need of a railway station?

Will I get bullied North of Watford?

Thank you kindly. 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

You know the answer……

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Why not the SW CG?

TheBrick
    Free Member

Wales? Been to Abergavenny a few times and stuck me as a place I could defiantly live.

cinnamon_girl

druid – do I?

buzz – too expensive! Or they don’t want me. 😆

Amos
    Free Member

Wales, cheap property compared to the SE and fantastic riding

binners

True salvation lies in the north dear girl. Give it a couple of decades and we’ll have running water and electrickery.

In the meantime we have to while away our waking hours riding through stuff like this:

Its rubbish 😀

teagirl
    Free Member

Norf Yarkshire of course! End of thread!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

How far north will go go? whats the budget?

Kingussie / newtonmore?

3 bed semi for £120 000
    1 bed end terrace £90 000

Trains to north and soutrh, great scenery

cinnamon_girl

Thank you for your replies! Am seriously tempted to move to Northumberland, really love it there. But, it’s a long way from the South of England. 🙁

Of course, it goes without saying that I am a Southern wuss so how on earth could I cope with you ruffty tuffty Northerners and your ruffty tuffty trails? 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Northumberland – south and full of southern softies

Pook

Sheffield. Every time. It’s South Yorkshire at least…

john_drummer
    Free Member

dee dars

the west is the best (yorkshire, that is)

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Why are you moving? You’ve only been in your current place a couple of years? 😯

Why not just wait a bit, until the ConDems have really screwed things up, and house prices are back down to 1973 levels? Won’t be more than a few months at most, I’d say.

julianwilson
    Free Member

C-G, depends where inn the south west. Plymouth (chez moi), Newton Abbott, Camborne, some bits of St Austell and Redruth are a bit more reasonable if you look in the towns themselves rather than suburbs/outlying villages, particularly when compared to basically anywhere in dorset/hampshire/sussex. Unfortunately they are also fairly crap towns. You just have to appreciate the lovley countryside and beaches you are a small bike ride away from, rather than the rusty transit on your neighbour’s front lawn.

But i would move to mid wales or scotland if for whatever reason I had to move.

Pook

I’m not a dee dar you woolly back

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Move to the south west,There are plenty of houses for sale around in the Cambourne,Redruth and Pool areas,There are good parts and bad,as per most places

julianwilson
    Free Member

oh, just re-read your post c-g. Not in a town, yeah, south west will be as expensive as the rest of the south in that case.

Here’s a ‘fixer-upper’ for 130k in Princetown though. Its a village not a town, loooads of top riding and 2 nice pubs right on your doorstep. The prison is no bother to locals at all, and when it closes in next few years you may find the village gets a bit nicer and house gains value.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Here :

And you could help save the woods for the badgers 💡

eth3er
    Free Member

Sheffield. Without hesitation; more trees than people, peaks within the borders, 7 hills/valleys and smiley people. Great city. They do sound funny though.
    It’s really a collection of villages and if you choose the outskirts you can’t beat the Peaks. There. Sold.

MrOvershoot

eth3er – Member

Sheffield. Without hesitation; more trees than people, peaks within the borders, 7 hills/valleys and smiley people. Great city. They do sound funny though.
    +1 though I live in Cheshire I have many friends who live in Sheffield that moved from the SW and don’t have any desire to go back 😀

speaker2animals

North Staffs -cheap as chips

Drac

Northumberland!

Rubber_Buccaneer

ernie_lynch that almost gets you a mention in the who makes you laugh thread 🙂

(She may save the wood but the badgers would be stuffed)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Have you told your daughter you’re moving?

How about West Oxfordshire? We have a Waitrose and the dresscode strictly prohibits flip-flops.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

I live in a small town in the Westcountry. to reassure you, it’s frustratingly expensive to buy a decent gaff around here.

donsimon
    Free Member

Wrexham, houses are cheap for a reason. 😉

Llandegla on your doorstep, Snowdonia not too far away either.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I do believe the OP referred to herself in the third person in the thread title 😐

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I do believe the OP referred to herself in the third person in the thread title

The Southern Yeti missed that! But he loves it when people do this. C_G has just gone up the The Southern Yeti’s estimation.

*real life persona* Or, maybe C_G is moving independantly of Elaine? The Southern Yeti doesn’t live where I live. *real life persona*

yunki
    Free Member

ChrisHeath

Am seriously tempted to move to Northumberland, really love it there. But, it’s a long way from the South of England.

Yeah, but don’t forget it has bad points too.

🙂

Hairychested
    Free Member

I wish C_G wanted to move to Ireland as:
    – no civilisation virtually at all
    – some places called towns are only 2000 residents
    – great riding on cheeky trails
    BUT
    – expensive to buy anything
    – no land access really
    – Liverpool and Man Utd dominating the streets
    – very hard to find people to ride off-road with if you’re north of Dublin
    – house prices not very sensible at times

joolsburger
    Free Member

Creiff in Perthshire it’s very nice and I know two Londoners who moved there and love it.

Obviously the riding is not too bad.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-15521658.html sickening value for money too.

carbon337
    Free Member

Northumberland here. Never want to go South but when I do Newcastle – Stanstead/Heathrow/Southampton/Exeter flights are all available – plus the trains.

I shouldn’t really be promoting it though. However its a slow way of life up here and the towns and villages are communities where folk actually talk to each other.

Stay away from Beadnell area though as its only holiday makers.

THe only down point is you need a car – you cant rely on public transport to get about.

ART

CG you’ve got threads going everywhere. 😉 We live in West Wilts … but with free choice (assuming that’s what you’ve got) would defo go north, property cheaper, less people, better riding – no brainer really. I know some people will disagree but Wilts is a bit doughnut like for riding – all the good stuff round the edges if you see what I mean… we often find ourselves going Quantocks, Mendip, S Wales etc especially at this time of year when bridleways turn soggy 😯

epicyclo

Here you are – proper north.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Plenty of room for one more down here. Certainly cheaper than where you are now (unless you want to live in Sandbanks). Ridings better too :D.

molgrips
    Free Member

Wales, definitely. The further away you get from England, the cheaper it gets 🙂 And it’s still not far from civilisation.

cinnamon_girl

Humph, look at those tags. 🙁 Bit unkind aren’t they?

Thanks again for replies. Love that Badger Wood. 😀

OK, I’m lucky in that I have a bit of a blank canvas but am absolutely terrified of getting out of my comfort zone! So, apologies but definitely not Cornwall or Devon – too many tourists!

Wales – really like the Welsh borders around Montgomery but it’s the weather that scares me. Same for Scotland too. Ooooooh, decisions decisions!

rusty – was looking at North Dorset, couldn’t afford the coast!

TSY – thanks for your concern regarding my daughter, are you still looking for a lodger? 😉 C_G is full of bravado, Elaine isn’t. 🙁

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

CG – before you make any decision you owe it to yourself to at least visit scotland.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Where should C_G move?’ is closed to new replies.