Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Where is the Nail Trail?
  • waveydavey
    Free Member

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to Edinburgh and even newer to Balerno(2 weeks!) and I have still to find the Nail Trail.
    I have been round Harlaw, Threipmuir, black hill, poets glen, puke hill etc, but have still to stumple upon the nail trail.
    It is obviously right on my doorstep, so I kinda feel like a fool asking, but I have got to find it.

cheers,

Dave

druidh
    Free Member

Goes up through the woods on the NW side of Cockburn Cres to the high (Riggs) road

robgarrioch

About half way down this thread you'll find a post by 13thfloormonk that'll point you in the right direction.. Pretty eroded & boggy in places, it's maybe best left to dry / frozen times.

Stu

Starts here but wouldn't bother for a while (May perhaps) unless it freezes properly again. I'm not joking either as it'll be a seriously muddy mess for the rest of the winter. 🙁

waveydavey
    Free Member

Fantastic, cheers guys….it is quite literally on my doorstop!

radoggair
    Free Member

Nail trail?? Isn't that Marin county, US of A!!!

epicsteve
    Free Member

I had a look at the Nail Trail on Saturday and it'll be a while before the upper part of the direct line should be used as it's very wet at the moment. The lower section (after the bridge) is fine though, and the loop round to the west should also be fine (not tried it recently though).

Might give the loop to the west a go tonight.

druidh
    Free Member

waveydavey – drop me an email (details in profile) and I'll send you a Google Earth map of some/most of the trails I know about in the area.

Might be a couple of days before I get it to you tho…..

Northwind

The section that runs east-west beside the road was brilliant at the weekend… The rest was pretty rough, snow and ice and mud, so I ended up walking a lot of it rather than messing it up more. Still some fun to be had though.

AlasdairMc

Welcome to Balerno, I love it for biking. There's loads to explore around here and we retain the snow far longer than the city

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Where is the Nail Trail?’ is closed to new replies.