Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Where is Fresh Goods?
  • kaysee

How can I be sure the weekend has really started without trawling through a page of shiny things?

compositepro
    Free Member

i like fresh goods too

valleydaddy
    Free Member

gone on tour in the vito van no doubt

fahzure

The fresh goods is here

wrecker
    Free Member

Missing fresh goods, too. Fahzure, not bad but you need to expand the sb66 article mate. I need to know more from a neutral source.

fahzure

Completely neutral, pedaling-wise. I’ve never owned a Yeti and have no plans to. Fahzure is on injured reserve (broken scaphoid) so could only wheelie and pedal up hill. Wheelies are better tests than one might think: brake jack; pedal induced movement; and all the weight on the rear suspension are surprisingly telling. The SB66 was solid and everybody else (non-Yeti owners) were saying the same thing. What questions you got?

wrecker
    Free Member

How plush?
    I’m really missing the descending capability of my previous bike.

fahzure

I did not get the chance to ride it in my usual crushing style. However, the arcing single pivot, which also drives the shock makes the bike supple at the beginning of the stroke, all the way until about 3/4 of the stroke when the spring rate gets more progressive. This combined with the air can makes it pretty active for the first 3/4 with strong resistance to bottoming later. This is a pedally all mtn. bike, brah.

Descending capability? Get a coil.

njee20
    Free Member

You seem to talk about yourself in the 3rd person periodically? Very odd!

montylikesbeer

deep depression

fahzure

It’s either that or the beer. Yeah Monty!

fahzure

Also, that way, if we get into an argument, there’s two of me vs. one of you.

wrecker
    Free Member

So nothing can descend capably without a coil?
    Funny, my last bike did.

fahzure

Which is why all the WC downhiller’s are riding an air can…not. Look, a coil, especially a Ti coil, with a properly designed leverage rate will always out perform an air can. Why? 3 reasons: 1. progressivity: with the exception of variable volume air cans (DT had one of these), air cans always ramp up making it difficult to balance small bump compliance with bottom out; it usually hurts when you need it most…eg. big drops; 2. stiction: seal friction makes the shock less active and slows the changes in shock direction (this is not tunable damping and changes as the seal ages); 3. Heat: seals and compressing air generates heat. The heat affects the damping circuits.

With a Ti Spring= almost no weight penalty. Few manufacturers are designing plush air can bikes. To achieve near coil performance, you would need a falling rate with a spike upward at the end (air cans lack substantial bottom out bumpers).

If descending is your thing, buy a Ti coil and be happy!

TooTall
    Free Member

So – wheelies and riding uphill is a suitable basis for a bike review and not knowing the difference between going downhill and DH as a discipline is the core of all shock advice. Oh – spamming a forum to link to your own website is always a good way to increase traffic.

You just graduated Fail School. Congratulations.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Talking about youself in the third person is a reliable indicator of meglomania.

No suprises.

wrecker
    Free Member

Hmmm. Un-bookmarked.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Where is Fresh Goods?’ is closed to new replies.