Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Where in the alps this summer for 1st week of July?
  • vonplatz
    Free Member

I’ve never been to the alps before but I’ve been given the green light to go this year. I have a problem with dates however and can only go from the 4th to the 11th.

I’ve seen that many people here rate The White Room but they are fully booked, I also contacted Trail Addiction but they only have a spot for a week that would bugger my other plans up a bit.

Can anyone recommend a company that offer enduro/all mountain type riding, some decent coaching and good food?

If there are any guide companies reading this then please feel free to send me links and info.

wallop

Bike Village have spaces that week.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Op officially the guiding companies don’t offer coaching, they’ll give you tips for sure. TBH it’s quite late to booked guided trips to the Alps, most sell out by a late Dec as availability is limited and season is short. BTW 4th to 11th is a full week so whats the problem ? Destination X sells out later than Les Arcs typically with TA, I’ve been there and it was excellent, hotel not chalet but food is still OK

vonplatz
    Free Member

Op officially the guiding companies don’t offer coaching, they’ll give you tips for sure. TBH it’s quite late to booked guided trips to the Alps, most sell out by a late Dec as availability is limited and season is short. BTW 4th to 11th is a full week so whats the problem ? Destination X sells out later than Les Arcs typically with TA, I’ve been there and it was excellent, hotel not chalet but food is still OK

I can only go on the dates stated. I’ve already written to Trail Addiction and they indicated that they didn’t have any free spaces.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Ok. You can try Riveiera Bikes, Sierra or Basque MTB. If going solo and without guides then Portes du Soleil is a good option as there are lots of marked trails and a decent chance of hooping upmwith other riders if you want

Tracey

Bike Verbier if they have spaces.

Hicksy
    Free Member

I’d definitely recommend Bike Village – amazing trails (as mellow or techy as you like), lovely people and great food. They are always happy to help with your riding too.

lucifer
    Free Member

If you are still looking we have 2 places left for the week of the 4th July at bike verbier

Tracey

If I wasn’t already going I would snap up one of those places.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Lucifer – do you offer guiding-only days? We’re out that way at the end of July and would really like to spend a couple of days seeing the local trails before heading to Chamonix.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Where in the alps this summer for 1st week of July?’ is closed to new replies.