Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • Where have you rode this weekend?
  • Tracey

We managed to get out on the hills above Langsett but with all the rain we have had some of it was a bit boggie and waterlogged. Still had a great time and managed to finally get the Go pro pointed in the right place. Just have to learn how to sort the video on to the computer now

http://kevinlawton6103.fotopic.net/c1909834.html

Tracey

ssboggy

Sherwood Pines and it was crap, we would of done 2 laps but the first was so bad we we to the cafe then went home, fortunatly i’ve got the day off tomorrow so will be riding from Hope over to Ladybower

ton

15 mile road ride, and feel like poo…….chest infection i think.

teagirl
    Free Member

Looking slurpy up there, Tracy! Back to the season of bike cleaning.

We were riding in North Yorkshire from Horton-in-Ribb. yesterday, cold and windy on the tops but the egg and chips at Hortons cafe made it all better. Now compiled a shopping list of winter clothing…

krag
    Free Member

Quantocks on Friday. Afan this morning where I had a cracking race with a tandem down the wall descent 🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

A short 13 miles yesterday in the deserted Western bit of Surrey Hills, lovely 🙂

Did 23 miles this morning around Milton Abbas in Dorset. Review…..here…..

Stunning ride 🙂

carlos
    Free Member

Roman Lakes in Marple to Hayfield and back taking in the best bits, cursing that yesterdays weather wasn’t like todays!! Good fun had mind

RealMan
    Free Member

[grammar nazi]ridden[/grammar nazi]

Annoyingly road on saturday and it was horrible. Today was glorious, so of course I didn’t ride.

rOcKeTdOg

[grammar nazi]ridden[/grammar nazi]

Annoyingly road on saturday and it was horrible. Today was glorious, so of course I didn’t ride.

the irony alarm has gone off!

donsimon
    Free Member

Nice long route yesterday with lots and lots of climbing.
    Today, a similar route with lots and lots of climbing.
    Just out of the shower and nice and clean, about to take the dog out to see if we can get the joggers run a bit faster. 😈

Climbing is ace.

Gravy
    Free Member

Was at Cannock on Saturday riding the Monkey trail again although there was some lightish rain and 1 heavy shower the trails there hold up very well unlike some. 8)

RealMan
    Free Member

the irony alarm has gone off!

😆

😳

I’m going with spelling not grammar, so its ok 😀

midlifecrashes

No car, so I’m stuck local and had a quick lap of Cusworth Cycle Trail in Donny for old time’s sake. We haven’t had quite so much rain and it wasn’t too bad for mud. Was going to go via the river though, but it’s a quagmire down there so will avoid down there until spring/frost.

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Gisburn Red today, Sunday with GF.

It is much improved with the re-working that has gone on. Holding up very well.

Much kudos to the diggers!!!

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Glorious, glorious day. Just over 30 miles on the road bike south of Macc, looped around Rudyard Lake and up onto Biddulph Moor, then back around Bosley Cloud and home. Views that went on for ever (apologies for the ropey panorama comp – it was 3 phone pics and some very poor Photoshopping.) Photoshop’s for Mon-Fri…! 😕

lunge

Cannock yesterday, household chores today.

theotherjonv

I’ve had 3 consecutive days riding!

Fri – on my tod around Cwmcarn – 2 laps at a reasonable lick for me. Bit of breathing out of my arse on the climb, thigh and forearm pump on the descents. Scared myself once or twice, which was good.

Sat – club saturday social ride. Was a good small group so did 20-odd miles at a reasonable rate, including some army land singletrack, bit of Swinley, and a laps of the AYTE enduro course. With some good laughs and banter on the way.

Sun – me and my 6yo daughter. Cut through the nice houses down to the woods at the end of our road. About 3-4 miles in best part of an hour and I didn’t get out of breath (or granny) the whole ride.

The were all the best ride of the weekend, in their own way.

allmountain76
    Free Member

Today was Bainbridge, Langstrothdale, Cam High Road – Fantastic weather, tired legs and a pint at the end.

Milkie
    Free Member

Rode Afan Whites in the horrible rain on Saturday morning, it soon cleared once we had finished.

Afan Whites Cloudy by MilkieKula, on Flickr

Whites Uphill by MilkieKula, on Flickr

soulrider
    Free Member

Into the snow line above Glenfiddich..
    So we had to turn around and scream down the rocky trail we had just climbed and went for coffee and cake at the Glenfiddich distillery

larrythelathe
    Free Member

smashed myself into tree at rheola and ripped my brake off. a good thing i reckon or i would have gone for another run!

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Now that’s a photo, milkie! 8) Looks fantastic, in spite of the weather.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Rode a loop in the Clwyds on Saturday morning, and then headed off into Delamere this morning with a mate and his brand new shiny EX8 in BMX size

knottinbotswana
    Free Member

Only managed to squeeze in a night ride.

A couple of wandering moments due to not having marked a route on the GPS, but generally a good one.

Several green-eyed cattle encounters, some small antelope, a big kudu, and best of all (after the initial freak-out) 5 or 6 bushbabies in the riverine woodland. Eyes reflect like red Scotchlite: visible over 100m away with helmet mounted Magicshine on medium.

Moon came out halfway through to put the icing on the cake.

Hasn’t rained for 5 months, so fairly dry…

theboatman
    Free Member

Road ride home off nights, got back to find the wife and kids had gone off to a friends for an over nighter, which I’d forgot all about. The sun was just warming through the morning chill so grabbed my soul and headed out local;

Couple of cheeky ales with lunch and an afternoon snoozing on the sofa, unfortunately my third ride of the day will be back to work for another night shift 🙁

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Took a group down for some coaching with Jedi – including a guy with 5% vision – amazing day which included seeing him do a 3ft drop perfectly a number of times! inspirational!

Cheltenham MTB visit Herts

GEDA
    Free Member

50miles in the swedish forest . Top ride sliding around corners in the clarts. I eventualy got to meet à wild boar in the woods. I never want to meet one again. The one i saw must have been à boar as it was huge and it was very fast. Now do i dare go night riding there?

SteveBbrain
    Free Member

Excellent 35 miler yesterday with my mate Stan, from Methley (ar ‘ouse) over to Newmillerdam, lots of interesting stuff!
    Then today had a walk around Eccup res with the Mrs. then rode (once I’ve rode I will have ridden 😆 ) home via Harewood estate (few loops on the fun stuff) fair bit of road to get me to last bit of off road around Garforth/Kippax way. Good weekends riding.

_tom_
    Free Member

Just two 10ish mile road rides for me this weekend. Should be doing some kind of downhilling next sunday though 🙂

nickc

Did a wee roadie in the Autumn sunshine, it was surprisingly ace.

crezzy

rode gisburn on mysingle speed for the first time today , was amazed at my self managed to get up some of the climbs that i have struggled with my geared bike in the past , weather was brilliant and theburger was even better at the cafe at tosside

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

70 mile road ride with Airedale Olympic – steady ride out to Boroughbridge- not able to do much else then keep focused on the wheel in front of me – still find riding in road groups rather intimidating – especially has I have little confidence in road brake

Xylene
    Free Member

A couple of loops around Chopwell, then home to the joys of Ikea kitchen design and traffic jams

saxabar
    Free Member

Rode up from Bangor, through Rhiwlas, over the top towards Dinowig and then up to the top of the slate mines. Descended halfway fine and dandy, but then ended up on a narrow super steep walkers route. I think the descriptor is “technical” 😕 Good fun though. Off for a roast at Brynrefail after that and then a potter back via Peniswaun.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Breezy road ride Sat around Dartmoor (inc Haytor) and then Local Ride Sunday morning around Lustleigh Cleave 🙂

gothandy

Took my 6 year old over to Croft’s Trail in Swindon, those guys have done a great job of making the most of the land they have available. The boy loved it too, especially the woodwork bits. Weather was fab.

oldfart

had a right laff in the rain at brechfa saturday !

momo

Guisborough woods today for my first ride on the new bike, had a great time in spite of a couple of crashes.

OCB
    Free Member

Only down to the end of the drive, around the estate and back in … 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Where have you rode this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.