Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Where hasn't had too much rain this week?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Trying to book a caravan site in Dorset and they’re telling us they’ve had so much rain that their sites are too muddy. Has it been drier further east, towards London maybe? What about Mid Wales? Thinking of places within 2 hours or so of Cardiff.

Del

I’m in devon and….
    hang on.

caravan you say? oh – mid wales, definitely had less rain than us… 😉

pictonroad

Just tell them you’ve got an SUV and an adventurous streak.

kcal

NE Scotland may be a bit far but we’ve had some stunning days recently.. (and some snow showers..)

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Dubai on a fast jet?

phiiiiil

We were in Northumberland over the weekend and other than a short heavy shower on Saturday night it didn’t really rain much; we were surprised how sodden everything was when we got back to the midlands!

molgrips
    Free Member

NE is a little more than 2 hours from Cardiff!

rocketman
    Free Member

What about Mid Wales?

Have just got back from a few days there & at times it was like being at the wrong end of a jet washer

The default situation is it’s raining and if it isn’t actually raining it has just rained or it will be raining very soon

HTH

mrsfry
    Free Member

I still half one pair of dry trainers in the West Midlands. Dry and sunny today
    Can’t enjoy it as I’m waiting on delivery service

mattbee

Whereabouts in Dorset?
    We are off to Birchwood Park just outside Wareham on Fri, they are happily open.

Drac

Northumberland as often is the case but it’s rubbish here so don’t come, especially with a cravan.

Absolutely pissed it down here for 10 minutes yesterday teatime. Then normal service was resumed

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

I’d leave the caravan at home and book into a nice B&B.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m sure you would. But bollocks to staying in a B&B with young kids, frankly. We’ve done this before, my preference is not for B&Bs so let’s leave it there.

Booked somewhere in the New Forest now.

phiiiiil

NE is a little more than 2 hours from Cardiff!

Oooo yes I didn’t read that bit, sorry… 🙁 Yes, it is rather distant from, let’s be honest, everywhere…

TheBrick
    Free Member

I was just going to suggest n.f. it is wet down here but it is quick draining on many of the campsites and some have hard standing

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Where hasn't had too much rain this week?’ is closed to new replies.