Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Where for winter sun before xmas?
  • MrBlond
    Free Member

Just come to the end of a looong project and finally have the chance to take some time off.

Any suggestions for a week in the sunshine before Christmas?

Primarily want to sit on my backside with a couple of good books and a mojito, but the opportunity of a couple of days easy cycling (road or MTB) wouldn't be bad.

Will most likely be on me tod, so nowhere coupley or where I'll look like a <ahem> "tourist" please…

ta

trail_rat
    Free Member

just flew back in from cyprus yesterday – larnaca – 23 degrees at 9am ! cool breeze – nice roads an hills – a few nutters out there but no different to here , quiet atm – not to many tourists – mostly oldies seeking sun for winter

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Tenerife is good for late sun and has good riding.

jahwomble
    Free Member

we usually go here……

http://www.zanzibarmagic.com/english2nd/matemwe.htm

each lodge/bungalow gets it's own chef, who will cook whatever the hell you want, really very good indeed

much better link below….

http://safari365.com/accommodation.php?accommodation=Matemwe-Retreat-&uid=242&gclid=CLLhloGyiJ4CFWlr4wodficKqA

ransos
    Free Member

I went to Tenerife in November a few years back – it was pretty warm and the sea was lovely. Beaches are black sand, mind.

theflatboy
    Free Member

diving in sharm, egypt would get my vote. 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Mmm diving – that is next on my list to do.

Pauly

Off to Perth for the winter. Had enough of this rain already.

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

Based on the coast in Southern Spain.
    Great singletrack rides during the day & lively night life on the coast at night or even a good book.
    Check us out on http://www.sierracycling.com.

Riofer
    Free Member

Gran Canaria fits the bill, nice beaches and some good riding

tegski
    Free Member

Canberra – Mt Stromlo's unbelievable and it's 32C today! No probs looking like a tourist as there are heaps…nightlife?…well as I said the MTB is good! Airfare is a bit steep from the UK though 😕

kiwijohn

Hobart is nice at the mo.
    As soon as I finish these blasted exams, I'll be smashing out a few miles in the sunshine.

petefromearth

we've just returned from Marrakech. it was pretty scorchio, and within spitting distance of the atlas mountains if you like that sort of thing…

MrBlond
    Free Member

Thanks for suggestions all.

Cheers

Potdog
    Free Member

I'll vouch for Tenerife (I suppose I would though 😆 ) Currently a pleasant 27 degrees in the shade on our terrace.

Not all beaches are black sand, but some of the best out of the way ones are.

And the trails are cracking.

Take a look here.

/plug off/

theflatboy
    Free Member

mastiles_fanylion – Member

Mmm diving – that is next on my list to do.

it should be 🙂

Potdog
    Free Member

If I could post a link I'd be dangerous!

Try HERE

chico
    Free Member

apartment Take a look here. near the sea, peaceful, close to all resturants etc bar on site very chilled.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Where for winter sun before xmas?’ is closed to new replies.